Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What chassi spec for big tire no prep is everone running. This is my first build. I'm building a 2010 camaro no prep car and really need some help on what chassi to choose and what are the rules. How far I can move the firewall and do I have to have factory firewall and floors ect. Thanks for the help guys I really need it

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
SFI Spec 25.2E Full Bodied Car Tube Chassis – 6.00 to 7.49 Seconds ET; 3,200 lbs. Maximum
Effective Date: July 2, 2021

SFI Spec 25.3D Full Bodied Car with Aftermarket Body Shell and Tube Frame, OEM Body Shell and OEM Frame with OEM or Modified Floorpan and Firewall, or Uni-Body with OEM or
Modified Floorpan and Firewall Roll Cage – 6.50 to 7.49 Seconds ET; 3,600 lbs. Maximum

That’s straight from SFI. I believe some tubing size, gussets, etc do change

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SFI Spec 25.2E Full Bodied Car Tube Chassis – 6.00 to 7.49 Seconds ET; 3,200 lbs. Maximum

SFI Spec 25.3D Full Bodied Car with Aftermarket Body Shell and Tube Frame, OEM Body Shell and OEM Frame with OEM or Modified Floorpan and Firewall, or Uni-Body with OEM or
Modified Floorpan and Firewall Roll Cage – 6.50 to 7.49 Seconds ET; 3,600 lbs. Maximum

That’s straight from SFI. I believe some tubing size, gussets, etc do change
Just curious as to how everyone is getting dual certs i figured it was a weight thing. I finally found someone who had time to do my chassi this year and just wanna make sure I get it right. This is my first build like this so let me ask a dumb question if I have him do the 25.2/3 can the 4 link brackets, roll bar brackets ect be added to the chassi are will I still have to do a back half. Sorry for the dumb question.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
The reason they do dual cert is if they’re going to be heavy. The 25.2 is good to 6 flat, but 3200 is your max weight. 25.3 is good to 6.50, but your max weight goes up to 3600

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
make sure you’re familiar with the rules for whatever class you’re going to be running.
Some require steel roof and quarters, some require stock frame rails abs shock towers. Just make sure when you get to the end of the build you don’t have something that won’t pass tech, especially if the builder isn’t intimately familiar with the class/rules.

sometimes the rules will dictate which chassis spec you can or should use

1 - 8 of 8 Posts