Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Aviation Section
25,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charles Lindbergh's flight

Win Perkins, a real estate appraiser who specializes in airport properties, has posted on his Web site a video he created of Charles Lindbergh's famous and risky takeoff in the Spirit of St. Louis .. According to Perkins, this is unlike any other presentation of the takeoff footage. Perkins said he "painstakingly assembled news footage from five cameras that filmed Lindbergh's takeoff from Roosevelt Field, Long Island " and "mixed it with enhanced audio from the same newsreel sources."

This is one of the most interesting videos I've seen come over the Internet. When you click on the address, episode #3 comes up ready to

play.

I suggest you first click on "Contact" to the left and select #1, then watch them in order, #1 through #4. I was glued to the screen through all 4.
What guts it took for Lindbergh to overcome the odds against him and accomplish this amazing feat.

http://www.airportappraisals.com/ Select "Contact" after each clip to choose the next.

Hope you all like it as much as I did! Dave

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Very cool and informative. I can say I actually learned a lot, and puts things into perspective. I didn't realize that many people failed before him, or that the french basically destroyed his plane on landing.

·
Pontiac aficionado
2,841 Posts
How many know that he might have been personally responsible for the death (Child abuse?) of his kid and blamed others in a kidnap ploy that poor immigrants ended up taking the fall and put to death.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts