Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW...this is a first(that I have heard of). They are charging someone in the death of Dan Wheldon.

Do not know much more than that. Never heard EVER of someone getting charged with the death of a driver. In any racing sport.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
This should be interesting to say the least so stay tuned.

·
I kill parts
10,216 Posts
No way they should be able to charge other drives, but since it seems all the racers were argueing ahead of time about their safety at this event maybe they should be charging the officials who pushed forward w/ the program?

·
having fun
31,331 Posts
No way they should be able to charge other drives, but since it seems all the racers were argueing ahead of time about their safety at this event maybe they should be charging the officials who pushed forward w/ the program?
seems like that whole race was dangerous-no runoff fields or large areas for pileups--just walls and other cars to smack into

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
how the fuck can you even try that shit!!!
same way you can find someone not guilty of murder but then find them financially responsible for their death

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, Wolf said someone..not necessarily a driver. Going to record CNN to see if they say anything. Because I have to go to a followup appointment from my surgery.

Not sure if this has anything to do with anything. But Wolf is in Las Vegas today.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
if this happens it will set a new precedent in all forms of racing bring held liable for manslaughter in a racing accident will all but end racing in the us whats next? nascar drivers that bump another out of the way charged with attempted murder?

·
And I call you dipshit.
5,348 Posts
Unless they can prove deliberate intent on someone's part to cause Dan harm, how the fuck can this be done? I highly doubt any open wheel driver would bump or wreck someone on purpose. Those cars are pretty fragile in that any contact between two cars usually results in both cars wrecking.

This people in this country are too quick to press charges or sue for anything these days. It's 100% disgusting. What ever happened to personal responsibility ?

1 - 20 of 126 Posts