Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mr. Noisy
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i am changing my rods and pistons so i can a little spray, i have the rods, but im not sure which pistons to get.
what brand should i get, what should i stay away from?
it sees no street miles, just drag racing.
the engine is a 351 cleveland.
i will only run a 250hp shot max.
the bore is 30 up and is in great condition, can i remove the hyper pistons and just replace them with the forged slugs or will i need to need to do some extra honeing?
thanks in advance. justin.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Lots of manufactureres out there will have what you need. Not sure how good of a piston you will need without knowing more about your combo. Whatever you end up the honing will depend on how much clearance you need to run and that depends on the alloy used in the piston. You will most likely need to run more clearance that you have no with the Hypers. You'll have to rebalance and pay attention to the ring gaps also for the amount your planning on spraying.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Mike from Diamond and Mike from Arias are both on this site. They both are in this forum check lots with great info and help so check with them.
You will have to hone your block for 2 reasons, 1 to make sure the rings have a good surfacr to seat on and 2 if you are going to n/a w/o spray to n/a w/spray the piston to wall clearance is different. Don't forget to everything will need to be balanced

1 - 4 of 4 Posts