Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this combination together with a Oliver 5.85in rod. I sold the rods and still have the pistons. Im wondering if the piston would be too far out of the hole with a 6in rod? Using the same block that was zero decked for the 5.85in rod.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
That .150" out of the hole. Thats a long way. I am going to say no you shouldn't do that.

·
Registered
24,634 Posts
I had this combination together with a Oliver 5.85in rod. I sold the rods and still have the pistons. Im wondering if the piston would be too far out of the hole with a 6in rod? Using the same block that was zero decked for the 5.85in rod.
Only would be too far out if you planned on actually bolting a head on it......Sorry, just had to say it.:smt102

·
Registered
24,634 Posts
Not if you bore the cylinder head.
I was going to mention that, but I was thinking that would be pushing it !:yawinkle::yawinkle:

Would that fall under "custom "........???

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That all sounds like its not going to work then...okay will either have to run this piston with a 5.85in rod or ditch the pistons all together.

·
Registered
71,653 Posts
Go with a 6" rod and correct piston for the longer rod. **** only if this is a N/A combo.

If you're spraying a heavy load, stay with the shorter rod and nitrous piston.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts