Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did do a seach, but didnt find any useful info.

Considering switching to meth (obviously) and am looking for help from the experts on what stuff we have isnt up to snuff.

Our pump is an old CNC Performance pump, similiar to a Magnafuel quickstar 300 pump...about 84 gal/hr (we rebuilt the pump with seals for that magnafuel pump).

The line size is 8-10 AN...not really sure...its 3/4" in diameter. Big enough?

Plan on replacing the regulator anyway, so if anyone has a reccomendation that would be cool.

Heres a pic of the lines to the reg and to the carb for you to get an idea.

I know the carb is too small for what we're going to be running so we probably wont change it over, just get another one setup for alcohol and sell this one (1050, need an 1150).

This is for a 565 (see what intake for 565 the other day) and its going in a 2600 lb car, almost 15:1 compression, camshaft is .790/.794 - 286/[email protected] . The intake will probably be a Vic. Jr.

Thanks for the help guys, anymore info needed let me know.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
My suggestion is figure out who you are going to get a methanol carb from and then follow thier recommendations for a pump and regular. Be warned once you switch over you will never want to go back.
Check with guys like Curtis , Mike and Chris on here for heads and manifold recommendation as methanol likes things a tad different from gas.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
MagnaFuel 500 pump, -12 sump fitting out of tank, -12 line into pump -10 out to good high volume regulator,-8s to each bowl of carb. I have one of the best alky carbs for sale with regulator set up from Pro-Systems carbs one of the best if not the best. Give them a call. You will want to go colder on plugs and smaller gap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts