Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to hit my 468 with a 175 shot. I am using a 8"coan that flashes to 5500 on the t-brake and a 4:56 gear,28x10.50 tire and go through the traps @ 7100. Should I try it with what I got or do I definitely need to change the stall and gear before trying? It is a nitrousworks kit 175-400

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
I bet you'll see at least 6500 stall and another 800rpm in the traps, possibly 1000rpm. Think the motor will stay together?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I dont! How do you determine what stall should be used? Do you just drop a 1000rpm under what you use on motor? I imagine a 4:10 gear would be optimum.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
When I talked to ATI about my convertor and what I saw on N2O they told me that after a 100hp shot the convertor would not be correct. The thing about N2O is that you get a shit load of torque down low that "normally" wouldn't be there if the motor was making the total by itself without N2O being added, if you understand what I am saying.

A 4.10 gear with your convertor will only make it flash higher, but the trap rpm's should be lower, providing it isn't slipping too badly.

I built my car with too little convertor and gear so I could add some nitrous from time to time and have some fun when I'm not bracket racing. Left at least .2 on the table but it is more than offset by the fact that I can pick up a full second with a 125hp shot!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts