Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has had experience with Champion Inverter Generators..specifically looking at 3100 watt 75531i model. Decent price on Amazon for less than a grand and Db rating is good...not quite as Honda/Yamaha units but pretty close! Reviews I've read are pretty decent! Any info would be appreciated!

·
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
7,416 Posts
Wondering if anyone has had experience with Champion Inverter Generators..specifically looking at 3100 watt 75531i model. Decent price on Amazon for less than a grand and Db rating is good...not quite as Honda/Yamaha units but pretty close! Reviews I've read are pretty decent! Any info would be appreciated!
ya i guess you could say i got some experiece... went down to PRP for a 2 day race, the neighbors junk was all loaded up when we pulled in sat night. he was hanging out, well we heard that thing run for 18 hours strait and i dont think he ever had to refuel it...
by GOD thee noisest thing i ever heard. he asked if we had heat, and we said no... he told us it was 75 in his trailer all night... we said ya we know... sure didnt get any sleep, and the thing ran all day til the time he left around 6pm... next one i ever deal with again will get the lube oil filter, without the oil... WTF:-KFC

·
Which is more disturbed?
10,577 Posts
Junk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, think it's safe to say, at least from two responses, that I maybe should just look at Honda and Yamaha! Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i guess you could say i got some experiece... went down to PRP for a 2 day race, the neighbors junk was all loaded up when we pulled in sat night. he was hanging out, well we heard that thing run for 18 hours strait and i dont think he ever had to refuel it...
by GOD thee noisest thing i ever heard. he asked if we had heat, and we said no... he told us it was 75 in his trailer all night... we said ya we know... sure didnt get any sleep, and the thing ran all day til the time he left around 6pm... next one i ever deal with again will get the lube oil filter, without the oil... WTF:-KFC

If it ran that long witout re-fueling, might have been one of Champions industrial units...Inverter only holds little over gallon and half of gasoline...Just saying...but thanks anyway!

·
R.I.P DAD 9-25-2012
4,967 Posts
I just bought a 2000 and its very quiet dont get me wrong its not a yamaha that runs at 100 rpms but for the money cant beat it

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I ran the industrial version setup for an RV. Its very quiet, sipped fuel and works very well. They are NOT much louder than a honda or yamaha not sure what the other gentleman was saying.

With that said, it only lasted about a season in a half. Its still a CHEAP chinese made generator. I switched to a Generac. Bit louder but a monster!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have a 3500 watt Champion for my rv. I bought it this spring and it has been great so far. It also has a remote start witch is very nice. It is loud yes, but quiet compared to my dads bigger 5000watt. I am not sure if I will use it at the track yet because of the noise unless everyone is fine with it. I hope it lasts till I get a Honda.

·
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
7,416 Posts
What ever you buy, I understand it has to fit your budgets, do if you end up with a noisemaker than please be considerate of the folks around you- you need to charge the car then charge it.... But not all night long while the neighbors are trying to sleep. These were the most inconsiderate folks I've evere seen at a drag strip bar none. If the noise all day wasn't enough, he had one day old green wood for his fire ring, then Sunday proceeds to burn the weekends garbage in his pit. Classless.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I have a champion inverter generator, its mint super quiet powers everything, no issues all year starts first pull. runs 8 hours on 1 gallon of gas. auto idle down...

·
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
7,416 Posts
Think your probably right...Db rating on CHampion inverters not much more than Honda/Yamaha units! Thanks for info!
I can tell you that this thing was the same size as my buddies Yamaha ... Couldn't get close enough to see the model but it was small and loud as phuck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts