1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would post this.
Bought a hood from them 99-04 6 inch cowl extended
hood was ship to me to be picked up at terminal I went to the
terminal to pick it up.The terminal was a independent contractor that was a high security facility razor wire cameras it was like booking some one into jail.The contractor wouldn't even let me in the dock to inspect the hood I had to sign for it before he would even let me open it. got hood home and the gel coat was cracked fitment was 1/2 inch gap on each side. Called Champion and asked for a refund he told me that he would only credit my master card back $125 cause the hood was $250 and shipping was $120 non refundable. I told him that i should not be responsible for a hood that was all cracked up he sad it was damaged threw shipping the box the hood was shipped in was perfect condition shipping didnt damage the hood he sent me a blem hood after fighting with him over the phone he said he would only give me a 125$ and for me quote ( YOU CAN KEEP THE HOOD AND SALE IT ON CRAIGSLIST AND RECOPE MY MONEY THAT WAY) Funny guy I told the guy i wouldn't sale his piece of shit hood to someone after that he hung up on me so i just did a buyer protection with master card with pics
hear is the pics.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience. I have dealt with Mark before and I found him to be a pretty cool, straight forward guy. I'd be glad to drop him and email if you think that may help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah that's what I told him. The bad thing is that he was trying to blame the shipping it was sent to me that way from them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think mark don't want to talk to me 125$ and me recope my money by craigslist . I just did a claim with master card the lady that I emailed the pics to at master card claims said that i have a legit claim i have already got the credit of 370$. Before I buy another hood i am going to wait for the final out come.Cause with my luck it could be raining pussy and I would be the only one to get hit with a dick.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have been in the body shop biz a long time, and that hood is a piece of shit. The cracks are way deep and even looks like blisters on the top half, 20 hours of labor and that hood would still be shit. I installed and painted my buddys 99 gt cowl hood he bought from HO fibertrends, that hood was done so nice it could of came in a Ford box and I wouldnt of known the difference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I told Mark that I was going to post pics up on Yellow Bullet to show people what a piece of shit hood he sold me he said ( My hoods are not shit and that it was damaged in shipping and that he makes a quality hood that fits.) He also stated that the reason the hood didn't fit was that it was damaged during shipping. I didn't know that shipping could shrink a hood.

I ordered the VFN Cajan hood i hope it is good any info with VFN???

·
Registered
48 Posts
I still can't believe these guys are in business. They work out of a run down old distillery here in Cincinnati. They copy hoods from other manufacturers too. For example when I wanted to become a dealer for HO I had to more or less promise and convince the guys that I was not a part of this group. I also have a hood in the garage from them that is a copy of a Cervini's piece right down to the Cervini filled in logo on the bottom of the hood.

All you need to know about buying hoods is that HO Fibertrends is a supplier to Ford for the R and CJ programs.

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
DAYUM DUDE! :smt102

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
that finish looks like a fisherman was making a cooler for his boat, not a car hood. thats gonna require some work, which would cost a small fortune. i bought a junk hood years ago( i didnt know it) and a friend of mine cut me a deal on the body work and it was still 300 bucks for prep. said the hood needed to be cut into 4 pieces then reglassed to make it right.

be careful with your credit card. they automatically credit you, but i have heard instances of them taking the credit away after its reviewed. make a formal complaint in writing and mail it in and stay on them.

good luck.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The price of the hood should have given you some kind of an idea of the quality. When eveyone elses product is double or more; why are his hoods so cheap? You see now...

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I have been in the body shop biz a long time, and that hood is a piece of shit. The cracks are way deep and even looks like blisters on the top half, 20 hours of labor and that hood would still be shit. I installed and painted my buddys 99 gt cowl hood he bought from HO fibertrends, that hood was done so nice it could of came in a Ford box and I wouldnt of known the difference.
My hood is an HO Fibertrends pc. and my builder said out of 25yrs in the business it was one of, if not the best hood he had ever seen. I love that hood!

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Always remember you get what you pay for on fiberglass. I use to see this guy sell hoods all day at the track. The guys would walk buy my ho fibertrend hoods and I could see completely thru their just bought cheap ass champion hoods. I sold a used quite a few HO's with zero problems

1 - 20 of 53 Posts