1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
141 Posts
IT may be a porker but at least it is real!!!!! I haven't seen any new ugly ass camaros on the front line of the Chevy dealership yet. Even if they make it , 3400 lb won't make it pretty.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IT may be a porker but at least it is real!!!!! I haven't seen any new ugly ass camaros on the front line of the Chevy dealership yet. Even if they make it , 3400 lb won't make it pretty.
Dude, I am being sarcastic. Everyone said the Challenger was a pig, and the Camaro was going to be soooo much lighter. They are damn near the same, with the Challenger SE 6cyl being even lighter than the Camaro LT 6 cylinder.

All that means is the 4100lb 2008's were all fully loaded w/ My gig and SRT sound group stereo etc. Rid all that shit, and its back to reality.

3900 isn't bad considering all the safety regulations that have to be met. And 3600 for the SE is quite and eye opener :Boobs

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
3900 isn't bad considering all the safety regulations that have to be met. And 3600 for the SE is quite and eye opener :Boobs
That's like saying $3.25/gallon gas is cheap. No it's not. You've just gotten used to it.

It's still a massive porker, it's just that the Camaro is too (and the Mustang for that matter)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's like saying $3.25/gallon gas is cheap. No it's not. You've just gotten used to it.

It's still a massive porker, it's just that the Camaro is too (and the Mustang for that matter)
Exactly.

But 60's muscle was porky too...they got around it then, they'll get around it now.

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
A friend of mine just got his new Challenger in last week, been ordered for months. It is the limited edition, #3458 of 6400. That is one BAD BITCH. 6.1 Hemi. I pulled out on a 4 lane hwy, stopped dead still, as I stopped a car passed me in the right lane, I took off and within 1/2 or 3/4 mile we had passed the car that was probably already running 65-70 when he passed me sitting still, and I was going over 150. What a rush. The really suprising part is how good the Challenger drives and rides, and how comfortable it is.

·
Confused Racer
42,078 Posts
I'll ad my .02. Mine went 13.30 @107 last week. Thats faster than a stock corvette. Bring that camaro on!

·
Registered
346 Posts
They had a brand new one with no mods at FFW Bristol this past weekend and it wouldn't get out of the 14's with a 14.20 as it's best and he went down the track numerous times. Maybe he was scared of spinning the tires but they didn't even bark when he left lol.

·
Confused Racer
42,078 Posts
mine is bone stock. pwr braked it to 1500 in drive and let it shift itself. I made 15 passes in groups of 3in 95* heat. Kept the ac on so the fans stayed on. Thre was 2 at pinks running 13.80's spinning.There is no way one could run that slow.

·
Registered
368 Posts
One ran at our local track last week. I saw it run a 13.60 @104. Not too bad for the first time out. Im sure with some mods, it will be alot quicker...

·
Registered
346 Posts
mine is bone stock. pwr braked it to 1500 in drive and let it shift itself. I made 15 passes in groups of 3in 95* heat. Kept the ac on so the fans stayed on. Thre was 2 at pinks running 13.80's spinning.There is no way one could run that slow.

Ask anyone that was there I am sure other yb members was there. Maybe he was taking it easy off the starting line to keep from spinning the tires as said because it was brand new.

·
Confused Racer
42,078 Posts
i tried leaving it in manual first and let the computer shift it and it ran 13.50's shifting at 6200. in drive it shfted at 5700 and went faster all the way around.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts