Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great OSW closing down and now CFRC halts there drag racing

On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 Commissioner Thompson held a community meeting at the Taft Community Center to address issues and concerns surrounding the Application for Special Exception to the Board of Zoning Adjustment and the Board of County Commissioners by the Central Florida Road Course (CFRC). Representatives from CFRC, residents of South Chase, Environment Protection Department and Code Enforcement were present to address issues relating to the devastating effects of illegal street racing and the noise as it pertains to CFRC and the role it plays in taking racers off the streets of Orange County.
In a concerted effort to work collaboratively with the County and residents of South Chase, the Central Florida Road Course has effectively ceased all drag racing at the complex until final determination of the Board of County Commissioners.
The next hearing before the Board of County Commissioner will be on Tuesday, August 7, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. Please come and show your support for the Central Florida Road Course. Contact Track Manager Vinny Barber at 407-812-4004, to let him know if you plan to attend.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn! That's not good! Hopefully everything pans out.
I think there is gonna be a few pissed off racers at that meeting. CFRC already stops drag racing at 10 pm, now they cut it out completly. Soon the closest place to race at for the east coast and central florida guys will be lakeland. 3 hour drive right there for me

·
This Space For Lease
2,304 Posts
Saw that... sucks for sure. We need more tracks OPEN, not closed.

·
Registered
16,502 Posts
What's ironic here is that since CFRC opened up the number of racers going to Orlando Speedworld have been down. So besides just the economy, Speedworld was competing with CFRC.

Now I like CFRC and appreciate the effort they put into getting that complex going, but Speedworld was a much nicer place to race for me, primarily because I was scared to death of the short shut down area at CFRC.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's ironic here is that since CFRC opened up the number of racers going to Orlando Speedworld have been down. So besides just the economy, Speedworld was competing with CFRC.

Now I like CFRC and appreciate the effort they put into getting that complex going, but Speedworld was a much nicer place to race for me, primarily because I was scared to death of the short shut down area at CFRC.
Yeah, there shut down is pretty short and way too many rotary cars. But the track, at least i thought, hooked better then OSW and owner listens to the racers. He posts on one of the local forums and there was talk about lengthing the shut down area.

·
Registered
845 Posts
i heard the speed world wasnt closing just switching managers because the current one is retiring.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i heard the speed world wasnt closing just switching managers because the current one is retiring.
There are alot of rumors and none have been proven yet. Walmart putting in a distro center, housing develpoment, track swapping owners, etc. Typical end of the year rumors for OSW

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
That really sucks! I live on the opposite end of the country but have raced there a few times and really enjoyed it, and Vinny has gone out of his way to talk to racers to find out how to make their track as racer friendly as possible.

·
Registered
16,502 Posts
Yeah, there shut down is pretty short and way too many rotary cars. But the track, at least i thought, hooked better then OSW and owner listens to the racers. He posts on one of the local forums and there was talk about lengthing the shut down area.
I do agree. CFRC typically hooked very well, on T&T nights I regularly took power out to get the car through 1st gear. But that also gave me a chance to learn how to make the car get down the track under less than ideal conditions.

But I certainly did like the attitude of the CFRC owners, they tried hard to make it racer friendly.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts