Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone able to get airflow figures for a cfe 15 deg head? and any negative things about them .

Going to be put on 4.125 bore * 4.125 stroke sbc .

Well it them or the rfd 15 deg heads.

·
Super Moderator
35,260 Posts
The CFE 15 degree head with a 287cc runner flows around 405 with a 2.225 valve. That is based on my own bench, not an advertised number by CFE. I would not judge that head by the CFM... There is nothing negative about that head in terms of capability, nor reliability. It's a very fast cylinder head.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
My new 15* heads from Curtis I have nothing but good things to say on them, dont worry they where not on my sig. time slip LOL, first thing either place will tell you is, dont buy your heads using just a CFM number, any company that does that is just selling a big hole they flow a lot.

·
Registered
578 Posts
My new 15* heads from Curtis I have nothing but good things to say on them, dont worry they where not on my sig. time slip LOL, first thing either place will tell you is, dont buy your heads using just a CFM number, any company that does that is just selling a big hole they flow a lot.

I would like to hear about you combo....bore, stroke, intake and cam. I have a motor sitting on the stand that is 95% done. 4.185 x 3.625 with RFD 15's as well. Used the Victor/Glidden and a PS SV1 (1160cfm). What kind of power to you make?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
x4. Either head will work great. Curtis' heads are more custom to your application and can get pretty big in terms of runner size and mcsa. The CFE are more universal but still an excellent head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts