Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
Money Markets ain't pay'n shit right now!

Shannon

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
My banks rates were only 2% on so. If you want I can hold on to it for you, for a small Fee. I'm trustworthy!!!!! I Promise !!!

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Money Markets ain't pay'n shit right now!

Shannon
Nothing is paying worth anything right now.

The best CD rate I can find is .85%

The first MM rate I found was 1.11%

I just don't know enough about money markets to want to go that way if it's higher risk for the additional profit.

I mean, for 6 months at .85%, I'm only gonna make like $85.00 at most. If I can make another $15.00 at no additional risk in a MM, why not?

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
Damn, I cant believe CD's are that low.

Money Markets are zero risk! they are just like a savings account that you cant use for a period of time.

Shannon

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Just moved some money from a cd to a money market because they are drawing the same right now...... 1.5%

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
buy $20 grand in gold. I would almost bet the farm that the return you would see would be more in 6 months then a MM and a CD combined. :)

Shannon

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
from bankrate.com the highest CD is 1.26%. for 6 months that is $126.00 in intrest. After obama gets done with you at 28% that leaves you about $92 in your pocket.

joe

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
buy $20 grand in gold. I would almost bet the farm that the return you would see would be more in 6 months then a MM and a CD combined. :)

Shannon
:smt023....... Or just send it to me.... I'll give ya 5% on it....... If ya can catch me...
Maddawg 1st National....:smt082:smt082:smt082

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Best I have found locally is 1.00% on a 6 month at 20k. I think I'll just do that instead. Thanks for the link George, at least I know I'm not getting hosed too bad.

And as for Obama... I'll find a write off to cover any cut the feds might have gotten.

I guess I could piss it away on the GMC... Maybe buy me a BAE! LOL I know where there's a hurt one!

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Shannon
You've been watching too many commercials with Gordon Liddy. :p

"Gold is at a 10 yr high!" Yeah, and why would I want to buy when it's at a 10 yr high? Wouldn't I want to buy at a 10 yr low???

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Hey WJ, I have an idea on what to do with it, support your hot rod (or mine) LOL.
I know, I know, thats not the best thign to do with it but it sure helps my headaches!!!!!:smt118

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey WJ, I have an idea on what to do with it, support your hot rod (or mine) LOL.
I know, I know, thats not the best thign to do with it but it sure helps my headaches!!!!!:smt118
I have a better idea. Good business proposition for you. Buy my GMC, and I'll drive it for you in match races against the Caddy. You can keep any money made. Sounds like a win/win! :p:cool:

You goin out to Benton/Gateway any time soon?

·
SMOKED IT
3,914 Posts
I wouldn't put it in the bank at all "for six months", any deposit over $5,000 is reported to the IRS and here comes the tax man. Safety deposit box maybe.

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
I wouldn't put it in the bank at all "for six months", any deposit over $5,000 is reported to the IRS and here comes the tax man. Safety deposit box maybe.
I thought it was $10,000 before irs is involved?

Shannon

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Best I have found locally is 1.00% on a 6 month at 20k. I think I'll just do that instead. Thanks for the link George, at least I know I'm not getting hosed too bad.

And as for Obama... I'll find a write off to cover any cut the feds might have gotten.

I guess I could piss it away on the GMC... Maybe buy me a BAE! LOL I know where there's a hurt one!
There's lots of good used BAE's around.... Really Cheap... You drive.... I'll tune it..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts