Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I've come across a good deal on a moser nodular case but it has the smaller 3.062 bearing size rather than the 3.250. I have 35 spline axles. I don't believe Moser makes a spool for the 3.062 bearing. Richmond and Mark Williams do. My question is will I end up running into problems with the small bearing strength wise? My end goal is to put 1000hp to the ground so I want to make sure the rear is up to par.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
The problem is the journal on the spool gets thin when you use those spools (and the one we sell ). I would recomend you get the correct case with that much power and then you have no worries. :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
We offer a 35 spline spool for the 2.89" and 3.06" case that has the splines moved to the outside to increase the amount of material on the inside of thinned down bearing seat surface.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We offer a 35 spline spool for the 2.89" and 3.06" case that has the splines moved to the outside to increase the amount of material on the inside of thinned down bearing seat surface.
Do you have a part #. would there be any issues with the decreased spline contact?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The splines are 3 1/2". I think I'll just play it safe and get a 3.250 case and not 2nd guess myself. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
hate to highjack but I will anyway. I'm putting together a rear for my Malibu right now. I have a Moser housing and I have a stock 3.50 geared center now. I want to order new 35 spline axles and through one of those small bearing spools in it to get it going and figure out if I like the gear and spool on the street. I might want to change ratio and go to a locker or torsen style limited slip or maybe even an ARB. Seems like a reason (cheap way to get it going. Is there a major problem? I really want to buy wheels for this car and getting the rear in it is holding up buying bling!

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
understand what you are trying is not the strongest setup you can run and has limitations but I don't see a problem with trying it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts