Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a cellular trail cam that I can put on a piece of land I own. After doing some research I see so many opposing views that I am still confused.

Notes:
1. The area has good coverage for both Verizon and AT&T.
2. Would be using the camera to see both wildlife as well as security. Eventually going to build a home on the land so would use it to watch the area during construction.
3. Need to go cellular because, no Wifi in the area I can connect to, and do not want to be have to go out to the area to get pictures.
4. I am okay with just still pictures, but video snippets would be added bonus.
5. If possible, some way to change the camera configuration remotely over the cell link (such as pics per minute, sent in real time or burst, etc.) - have not seen much on that so not sure if it is doable.
6. Ability to connect a small solar panel to reduce trips to change batteries.
7. Would like to keep the cost under $500. (I have seen some way more).

So who here has one and what are the good and bad things about it? What cell plans do you use?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have been looking at the same thing and I am down to Cuddeback or Spypoint. Right now, I am leaning toward the Cuddeback because of cost and I have the option of looking at the pictures from the main camera in camp on their Cuddelink system.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I have also narrowed it down to those two set-ups as well. Reviews that I have seen have been mixed.

At some point we will be dialing 15 digits to get a local number. :)

I have watched local numbers go from 7 digits to 10 in my lifetime, and my parents even more.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Curious, which did you decide on and how well did it work?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have yet to purchase one. I will be breaking ground on a house in the Spring, so will have something in place by then. I like the Cuddelink system since you can have multiple cameras connected using one cell link, thus one phone bill. I would like to use 3 cameras.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know this is an old post, but if you’re still looking check out spartan cams. They take pics as well as 10 seconds of video with sound. You can also change camera settings from your cell phone or computer. You can also share the camera with other people so that they can view it as well. I have 7 cams and my friends have another 10. We can all view each other’s cams. You can get a 4g cam for under $300.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. Will look at those. My construction project on the land has been delayed so I have not purchased one yet.

·
Registered
710 Posts
The cuddelink does not have remote management as of yet, so if you are planning on linking a few of them plan on make sure you do the unlimited plan, extend the dwell between images and not use the highest image quality. I am told the next firmware update will make the remote management possible but have not heard when it will be released

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a noname cam from aliexpress and it works well. The images here are really nice and the quality looks good. I have a trail camera called Bushnell MP HD Essential E3 and I am completely satisfied with the image and battery life of the cam, so I can say that there is no sense to pay more for a more now brand. I found a review about 10 best trial cameras and mine is on the 9 place which is high enough.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just purchased another Spartan. This one I set up in my driveway. I live on a private one lane road. It’s great being able to see who comes by during the day while I’m at work. I even busted my Fedex driver for breaking my new cobblestone edging along my driveway when he was pulling out.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
78,928 Posts
I know this is an old post, but if you’re still looking check out spartan cams. They take pics as well as 10 seconds of video with sound. You can also change camera settings from your cell phone or computer. You can also share the camera with other people so that they can view it as well. I have 7 cams and my friends have another 10. We can all view each other’s cams. You can get a 4g cam for under $300.
WHERE IS THE PICS OF THE BEAST

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
78,928 Posts
SPLIT 2 AND 3...THATS AN AMZING AREA YOU HAVE THERE...AM I MISTAKEN IF I THOUGHT YOU HELD THE NEW JERSEY? RECORD?

·
Registered
101 Posts
SPLIT 2 AND 3...THATS AN AMZING AREA YOU HAVE THERE...AM I MISTAKEN IF I THOUGHT YOU HELD THE NEW JERSEY? RECORD?
I’m in New York. And they aren’t even close to being a state record here. First 2 were mid 140 class. There are much bigger than that around hereThe 12 broke his left g2 after thanksgiving last year. He was getting a pass anyway. Not this year.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
78,928 Posts
THERE IS A MEMBER HERE THAT HOLDS THE RECORD FOR EITHER OF THOSE 2 STATES..I CANT REMEMBER WHICH...KILLED IT WITH A CROSSBOW...ON 30 ACRES BEHIND HIS SHOP...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts