Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had permit for three years. getting license next week. can this count as experience? thinking of buying a tractor soon. will i be able to get work? not trying to get rich just make a little something to support the racing habbit!

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,318 Posts
I WOULD THINK IF YOU BUY YOUR OWN....THEN YES...YOU COULD SAY IT WAS EXPERIENCE...LOL.....BUT NOT IF YOU'RE DRIVING SOMEONE ELSES

·
Registered
547 Posts
Sorry, but no. MOST employer's will want "verifiable" employment now days.

Market is flooded with out of work driver's.

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,375 Posts
go drive for someone else , get your feet wet , dont buy a truck unless you got alot of money saved up just incase ... trust me i thought of doing the same thing over a yr ago , then i really looked at the numbers and figured it would be best doing what i am already doing .

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think, as counting as experience behind the wheel, it should be verifed through employment. By the employer. It also must be in CDL required equipment.

Just my opinion. This is what I required in hiring Drivers.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,318 Posts
but ive heard when you go to get contracts you have to have veryfyiable experience. ive worked alot driving under my permit. but no work under a valid license.
WHAT KIND OF WORK ARE YOU PLANNING ON DOING?....I'VE GOT MY OWN AUTHORITY....I COULD VOUCH FOR YOU :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WHAT KIND OF WORK ARE YOU PLANNING ON DOING?....I'VE GOT MY OWN AUTHORITY....I COULD VOUCH FOR YOU :)
im just going to haul containers from savanah. just wanna get rolling first. i know they say containers are the bottom of the barrel. but i just wanna get started first. ive been reading up on alot of d.o.d (department of defense)contracts and such and eventually will get into that. i have one friend who is paid by the 45 per hour with his truck. ive been going out with him lately. he gets 12 to 15 hours a day. one day we spent mabye a total of 3 hours in the truck and the rest was getting loaded and doing paper work. i think we did a total of 50 miles that day maybe and never loaded over 10000lbs. i would love to get my foot in the door there. he said the furthest he might go out is to fulton industrial from the airport. lucky sob!!!:p

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,375 Posts
if you want to hual containers with no real experience go sign on with jb cunt , stick it out for 6 months to see if you like it , then buy a truck , i have a friend who is signed on with jb as an OO he makes an easy 1500 a week he says thats pocket after exspensis .

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,318 Posts
im just going to haul containers from savanah. just wanna get rolling first. i know they say containers are the bottom of the barrel. but i just wanna get started first. ive been reading up on alot of d.o.d (department of defense)contracts and such and eventually will get into that. i have one friend who is paid by the 45 per hour with his truck. ive been going out with him lately. he gets 12 to 15 hours a day. one day we spent mabye a total of 3 hours in the truck and the rest was getting loaded and doing paper work. i think we did a total of 50 miles that day maybe and never loaded over 10000lbs. i would love to get my foot in the door there. he said the furthest he might go out is to fulton industrial from the airport. lucky sob!!!:p
DAMN...45 PER HOUR :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts