Yellow Bullet Forums banner
241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a Shield as my backup carry and have never had any problems with it. I carry a Hellcat most days now, but with all the BS happening at the moment I've carried them both on occasion. I shot a buddy's P365 and still may pick one up. Really nice little gun.

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
SO I bought this the other day, will be a total of $355 when it gets to my hand.

just got my shield ranger kit, ordered it on june 28 during the 4th of july sale for $379. It came in july 8th at sportsmens. I like it so far and because I had to wait a extra 2 weeks to get it because they screwed up my lic # on the BGC I got a free blackhawk leather holster and a box of fiocci 115 fmj rounds plus $20 in coupons, have not got to the range to shoot it yet but feel good in the hands, I checked the gun out at Big R as they had it in stock for more money. My next pistol I want is a kimber micro 9 but the price is a little hard to part with. The design and workmenship of that kimber is great though, I do however like the looks of the sig p365 as well.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
just got my shield ranger kit, ordered it on june 28 during the 4th of july sale for $379. It came in july 8th at sportsmens. I like it so far and because I had to wait a extra 2 weeks to get it because they screwed up my lic # on the BGC I got a free blackhawk leather holster and a box of fiocci 115 fmj rounds plus $20 in coupons, have not got to the range to shoot it yet but feel good in the hands, I checked the gun out at Big R as they had it in stock for more money. My next pistol I want is a kimber micro 9 but the price is a little hard to part with. The design and workmenship of that kimber is great though, I do however like the looks of the sig p365 as well.
P365 is a great little gun,great quality,10 rd mags,great sights out of the box,well worth the money.800 rds thru mine w many types of ammo with zero issues or malfunctions.You wont be disappointed.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
Bringing back an old thread. Looking at a cheap CCW, SCCY CPX-2 9MM. Anyone use this weapon?
Why go cheap? This is something that may be called on to save your or your family's life.

Claude Werner has used sccy pistols and has had no major problems with them that I'm aware of. That is a sample size of one so take it for what its worth.

I wouldn't carry a sccy, or a taurus for that matter.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I’ve shot an SCCY a couple of times, just didn’t care for it personally. My Taurus GX2 has been flawless. I won a Shield EZ-9 at a clay shoot so I think I’ll order a holster for it. In a totally different situation I would probably just strap on my Glock 17 but it’s a bit big for me for everyday carry. Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Why go cheap? This is something that may be called on to save your or your family's life.

Claude Werner has used sccy pistols and has had no major problems with them that I'm aware of. That is a sample size of one so take it for what its worth.

I wouldn't carry a sccy, or a taurus for that matter.
Been watching some YT videos and the most popular are Ruger Max9, Taurus GX4, Glock 43X, S&W Shield Plus, SA Hellcat, Sig Sauer P365XL, CZ P10, Canik TP9, and Walther PPS

Lot of choices and prices vary widely!

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
Been watching some YT videos and the most popular are Ruger Max9, Taurus GX4, Glock 43X, S&W Shield Plus, SA Hellcat, Sig Sauer P365XL, CZ P10, Canik TP9, and Walther PPS

Lot of choices and prices vary widely!
You didn't answer my question.

Why go cheap?

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
If the gun is reliable, does price matter?
Reliability should be first and foremost. By and large, the cheaper the gun is the more likely you are to have problems. From what I've seen and heard, SCCY, Taurus, Kel-tec etc aren't known for producing reliable handguns though Taurus is under new management and some of their recent offerings should be ok. Still not trusting my life to it, that's just me.

If you are worried about price, get a police trade in, like a Glock. A cheaper reliable option.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
It would be great if you could go shoot several handguns to see what fits you and what you like. The earlier Taurus semi autos were junk in my opinion but this GS2 has been great. Probably 3500 rounds or more through it. I have a couple of Glocks, one in 9mm and a 45, an HK VP-9, the Shield and a Canik. All have their pros and cons.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
It would be great if you could go shoot several handguns to see what fits you and what you like. The earlier Taurus semi autos were junk in my opinion but this GS2 has been great. Probably 3500 rounds or more through it. I have a couple of Glocks, one in 9mm and a 45, an HK VP-9, the Shield and a Canik. All have their pros and cons.
Typically a Gun store that has a shooting range will offer/ have a pretty good selection of guns to try out.

Reactions: Jebchevelle
241 - 257 of 257 Posts