Yellow Bullet Forums banner

221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
I wouldn't trust my life to a Taurus.

Why go cheap on something that could potentially save your or your familys life?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
^^^
That. It's a crap shoot. I had a PT145 that was a pile of shit. Shipped it back twice to Taurus for FTF issues, which they said was mag related which did not fix the issue. Got rid of that shit quick.

·
SEENYOR MEMBER
7,653 Posts
^^^
That. It's a crap shoot. I had a PT145 that was a pile of shit. Shipped it back twice to Taurus for FTF issues, which they said was mag related which did not fix the issue. Got rid of that shit quick.

Great reviews on this particular pistol, buddy has one with 400 rounds through it and he has zero complaints.

I like it's weight and the way it feels in my hand.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
A couple of thousand rounds through my Millennium G-2, boringly reliable. Read the reviews or watch James Yeager on YouTube. Good luck with whatever you pick!

·
SEENYOR MEMBER
7,653 Posts
A couple of thousand rounds through my Millennium G-2, boringly reliable. Read the reviews or watch James Yeager on YouTube. Good luck with whatever you pick!

I bought one at Bass Pro Shops, $200. A guy there asked me about what I was buying and he was carrying one. He was in the military and has many pistols, he chooses this one and has 1000 or so rounds through it.

He said I made a good choice.

The lady working the counter said she has been there 5 years, knows guns and has sold hundreds of them with no negative feedback. She said she would legit recommend this pistol to a family member.

I feel good about it and thanks.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
FAST,

I made two small changes to the pistol. My eyes are getting older so I replaced the factory sights with a set of fiber optic sights and I also replaced the factory guide rod and spring assembly with stainless parts from Lakeline. www.lakelinellc.com

·
Registered
32,221 Posts
My Stealthgear appendix ventcore IWB holster for my CZ P-07 finally showed up. It looks very well crafted and is comfortable to a point. Even with the ventcore, 114* means you are sweating against the holster simply because you are covering more skin. Practice draws show me that everything stays in place correctly, and re-holstering is no problem either. Happy with my purchase.

·
SEENYOR MEMBER
7,653 Posts
Just wanted to let you guys know, I have a big enough set to admit when someone else it right. I took the gun to shoot it for the first time Sat(Taurus G2C Millenium) and about 30 rounds in it would misfire, pull the trigger and nothing would happen.

I did some Googling, turns out the trigger arm breaks the end off and it won't fire, on the phone with Taurus at the moment.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Just wanted to let you guys know, I have a big enough set to admit when someone else it right. I took the gun to shoot it for the first time Sat(Taurus G2C Millenium) and about 30 rounds in it would misfire, pull the trigger and nothing would happen.

I did some Googling, turns out the trigger arm breaks the end off and it won't fire, on the phone with Taurus at the moment.

Good on you to admit it. Hate it about the gun though. But, better it have failed now. Imagine if it had done that in a time of need? That's why I'm not going to trust my life, or my family's lives, to a Taurus.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Good on you to admit it. Hate it about the gun though. But, better it have failed now. Imagine if it had done that in a time of need? That's why I'm not going to trust my life, or my family's lives, to a Taurus.
I bought one of those & damn it after over 2k rounds of every grain weight & velocity (+ p & standard) the little fucker hasn't jammed once.

I'm not saying to go out & buy one. I took a chance of a $155 (PSA was running one hell of a sale) & it paid off.

I don't trust my life with ANY gun until it's gone through at least 2k rounds & 200 of what you want to carry.

Most important of all? Get out & shoot!

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
I bought one of those & damn it after over 2k rounds of every grain weight & velocity (+ p & standard) the little fucker hasn't jammed once.

I'm not saying to go out & buy one. I took a chance of a $155 (PSA was running one hell of a sale) & it paid off.

I don't trust my life with ANY gun until it's gone through at least 2k rounds & 200 of what you want to carry.

Most important of all? Get out & shoot!
I don't run that much ammo, usually 250-300 rounds and at least 50 of my carry ammo, HST.
I'm also not carrying a Taurus either. Or any other gun without a proven track record. Not saying something bad wouldn't happen, but the probability is very low

·
Registered
733 Posts
I looked at the g2c, but hated the trigger. Then I picked up the G3. Love it! I like the trigger, texture of the grip is good, and it shoots well. Conceals better than my Glock 26 (on me). Very happy with the $240 I spent.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I looked at the g2c, but hated the trigger. Then I picked up the G3. Love it! I like the trigger, texture of the grip is good, and it shoots well. Conceals better than my Glock 26 (on me). Very happy with the $240 I spent.
I totally agree on the trigger. The pull itself isn't bad for a striker fired pistol but the trigger is entirely too far back in the trigger guard.

With how cheap the G2C is I wonder how long it will be until a G3C is released.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Sorry you had problems. My Taurus is still great so far. Shot it and my Glock 17 the other day. The Glock is still excellent but remains the only pistol I had to modify right off the bat. It would throw about half the brass back in your face. Replacing the ejector and extractor fixed it. Unfortunately if it’s mechanical it can break. Hope you get your Taurus fixed.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Sorry you had problems. My Taurus is still great so far. Shot it and my Glock 17 the other day. The Glock is still excellent but remains the only pistol I had to modify right off the bat. It would throw about half the brass back in your face. Replacing the ejector and extractor fixed it. Unfortunately if it’s mechanical it can break. Hope you get your Taurus fixed.

Funny thing....

The biggest POS I ever bought was one of these, a S&W CS45.

Bought one of them right after they came out. The 4th time it came back from S&W (pretty sure it was a new gun with the same serial#) my dealer asked me if I just wanted my money back. I used it as in-store credit on a S&W 1076 FBI issued gun.

·
Registered
219 Posts
One rule of thumb is to stick with the same guns that police departments use, because they put the gun through a shitload of testing before approving it. I read that advice a long time ago, and the logic seems reasonable, so the question is which guns are larger police departments issuing? If I purchase anything other than a Glock or used Smith revolver, that's the first thing I would investigate, especially when good deals can sometimes be found on police trade ins.

Good luck.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Good deal man. You can't really go wrong with a shield.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
SO I bought this the other day, will be a total of $355 when it gets to my hand.

Great choice.For a small carry gun for me it was either this or the p365 that i ultimately chose because of how much better the sig felt in my hand.600 rounds later i absolutely love the p365 and never leave home without it.However i am waiting to pick up a shield .45 i bought just because you cant argue with the track record and dependability of the S&W shield lineup.Ive watched probably a hundred reviews on both the 9mm and .45 shield and would be hard pressed to remember a bad comment or negative review on either of them.I think you will be happy with your choice,everyone else is.

Reactions: slo284
221 - 240 of 241 Posts