Yellow Bullet Forums banner

201 - 220 of 228 Posts

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
If I feel I'm concealed well enough, I'm going in. Sign or no sign. Except government buildings or schools, not doing that.

On another note, been wearing a OnYourSixDesigns.com IWB kydex holster for a couple weeks. Not bad. Works pretty good at 3:30-4:30, but works best (for me) at appendix (just after the zipper and before the first belt loop) with a glock 26. Only thing I have trouble with is tying my right boot while carrying lol

Also, found Cascadia Kydex. Guy can do custom work and is real reasonable. Even has custom print Kydex. You dream it, he can do it. Only on Facebook right now, but worth checking out.

Both company's are American, Veteran owned and operated :cool:
I've heard of On Your Six, never heard of Cascadia. Just checked him out. Looks like some good stuff.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Meh.

I like my IWB hybrid, Covers the trigger completely and allows a full grip to draw. Belt cinches it tight to me so it doesn't move.

That being said, my vedder for my 1911 makes a very nice click when holstering and drawing. :cool:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm old school. I carry a Browning Hi-Power with a 15 round Mec-Gar Clip and 147 Grain American Eagle Flat Nose Bullets, plus 2 extra 15 rounds clips in a Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig. With one in the chamber that gives me 46 rounds, plis I also carry a back up colt Mustang .380 with a 7 round extended clip plus one in chamber. Yeah, I'm paranoid!!!

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
You’re not paranoid. You carry a gun why would you be paranoid?? :-D

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm old school. I carry a Browning Hi-Power with a 15 round Mec-Gar Clip and 147 Grain American Eagle Flat Nose Bullets, plus 2 extra 15 rounds clips in a Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig. With one in the chamber that gives me 46 rounds, plis I also carry a back up colt Mustang .380 with a 7 round extended clip plus one in chamber. Yeah, I'm paranoid!!!

Clips?! You mean you carry an M1 Garand? SKS? :smt064

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
So I went to the range last Saturday, did some drills from concealment.

Heres the drill

First try, little further than 11/2 yards

Later in the day, and a bit closer

Learned a lot. Sweated like a slave. Feet got eat up with poison ivy

Moral of the story? Get off the internet and go to the range! :p

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,077 Posts
Has anyone had much sucess carrying a 1911 commander concealed?
You can carry anything successfully with the right holster, and clothing, and size.

Just find the right combination that works for you. Guys I know carry a 92FS daily.

There's always wearing a blazer......and shoulder holster, or motorcycle vest with a gun pocket.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I swapped this out to a Neomag.
Seems like a better piece, and will update after I use it for a while.
Update:
Over a year of daily carry.
Still looks and works perfectly.
Boringly Reliable and functional.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Update:
After your review and seeing others like Pat Mac using one, I decided to pick one up and give it a whirl. Will report back. :-D

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Glock 23, blackhawk holster, two clips, untucked Tee shirt and Glock 20 in the truck.... Never felt the need to CCW until the past few years... all for the bad guy's here and screw you Joe citizen.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
After your review and seeing others like Pat Mac using one, I decided to pick one up and give it a whirl. Will report back. :-D
So, a report as promised.

I'm digging this this Neomag! Works way better than I thought it would. It gives you more options as to where you put it on your person (I put mine in my back pocket) vs the Snagmag, which has a certain location it needs to be carried in for it to work correctly.

Pick one up if you are in the market, you won't be disappointed! :-D

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Has anyone had much sucess carrying a 1911 commander concealed?
I carry my Kimber UCII in a belly band. Yes, its a little tougher to get to, but is damn near invisible. My belly band allows me to carry the gun, an extra mag and a pocket knife with nobody knowing.
The UCII is a bit big for an EDC, but I like carrying it better then my Glock 26 for a couple reasons.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Update:
Almost a second year in the books daily carrying the Neomag.
Nothing interesting to report. Looks and performs as new.
Perhaps the best bang for the buck CCW accessory I have every used.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Almost a second year in the books daily carrying the Neomag.
Nothing interesting to report. Looks and performs as new.
Perhaps the best bang for the buck CCW accessory I have every used.
Same here. I haven't touched my snagmag since I've started using the neomag.

201 - 220 of 228 Posts