Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured this would make a good addition. I'd like to keep the discussion to of course guns, ammo, holsters/mag carriers/ other gear, training classes, techniques, dry fire etc etc etc.

I'll start off with my EDC, which right now is the Ruger LC9s Pro filled with Hornady XTP hollowpoints. I use Talon rubber grips on all my carry guns. During the week, back and forth between work and home I use one of these simple holsters, mainly in case I need to run into the store or something like that (Can't carry at work)

http://www.rawdogtactical.com/the-defender-pro-series/

Other times I use the N82 holster- https://n82tactical.com/

Or Aliengear- http://aliengearholsters.com/

I also carry a backup mag in a snagmag- http://www.snagmag.com/

^All have worked well for me.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As pictured in the recent purchase thread, I picked up a M&P Shield 45. I don't carry something without having run some ammo through which I will be doing this weekend hopefully. I have picked up some extra magazines and a snag mag for it, also picked up a new shell for the alien gear holster (Swapped the one for my Ruger SR9c). I will most likely be putting my LC9s in a lock box in my truck with some spare mags and the rawdog holster for a backup or "just in case" gun.

I also grabbed one of these to give a try- http://www.midwayusa.com/product/237782/desantis-slim-tuk-inside-the-waistband-holster-ambidextrous-s-and-w-m-and-p-shield-kydex-black

I'll get a N82 a little later on as I wear those in the warmer months

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Don't have any pictures but currently I carry a Glock 23 gen 4 filled with 180 grain Winchester PDX 1 in a zero9 owb holster and a spare mag in a zero9 mag holster. I Carry both owb but they are convertible to iwb though. In the summer time (om working on losing some weight so I can carry iwb) I'll be carrying my Glock 43. Haven't picked out a holster yet but im probably going to get a zero9 iwb. Will be stuffed with 115grain Winchester elite D series. (Formally the PDX 1) sold my s&w442 because I never carried it. Tried the revolver world, didn't like it.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Forgot to mention. I always have some kind of a knife on me. I'm not really into knives much but my cheap Walmart knife was irritating me because the clip only had one attachment point and kept moving. So I bought a cheap knife from olde time pottery that has 3 points. Im sure it will dull out in a month but I don't care I abuse it anyway.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to check out the zero9 stuff. And I always have a knife on me as well

What size are you? I carry iwb and I'm 6' 215

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
P30sk with hot Gold Dot's or Liberty's, L.A.G holster, and Microtech automatic.

When will somebody come out with concealable AR15 Holster?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I carry an h&k vp9 in an aliengear cloak tuck 3.0 with hornady critical defense 115gr.
In warm weather a shield 9mm also in aliengear with hornady critical duty 124gr
And under heavy winter stuff carry beretta m92a1 in aliengear with 115 critical defense.

·
Dyslexic Lord of the Sith
3,632 Posts
1911 officer in N8squared Holster and Hornady Crtical Duty or Federal Hydrashok.

Will be switching to P30SK in either a INCOG AIWB with mag caddy or Alien Gear style holster after start of the year.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1911 officer in N8squared Holster and Hornady Crtical Duty or Federal Hydrashok.

Will be switching to P30SK in either a INCOG AIWB with mag caddy or Alien Gear style holster after start of the year.
I've been wanting to give AIWB a try. It definitely has its advantages.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I'll have to check out the zero9 stuff. And I always have a knife on me as well

What size are you? I carry iwb and I'm 6' 215
5'2" 180... I can carry iwb if I buy new pants but I'd rather just lose my love handles. Been hitting the gym daily for a month now. I was down to 160 then new job new shift bs I stopped going for about 9 months. Finally got Fed up and went back.

·
102,312 Posts
Off duty I carry concealed and rarely pack my badge when off duty. I do carry my LTC off duty and yes as a commissioned peace officer I have a LTC. One in any ugly scenario that may appear I don't look like a nun in a whorehouse and two it doesn't escalate anything.

I carry a Sig 227 off duty with an outside the waistband holster. Speer gold dot in 230 hollow point.

Now here's something I bet a few have never thought about. Say you're wearing a jacket and go to present your firearm, do you carry anything in that side jacket pocket so when you sweep that side of the jacket out of the way it actually moves and not hovers in the way?

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
5'2" 180... I can carry iwb if I buy new pants but I'd rather just lose my love handles. Been hitting the gym daily for a month now. I was down to 160 then new job new shift bs I stopped going for about 9 months. Finally got Fed up and went back.
Keep it up man. I've been pretty consistent about working out since my surgery and physical therapy. My waist is now down to where my pants are kinda loose but with a pistol IWB, they fit just right.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Now here's something I bet a few have never thought about. Say you're wearing a jacket and go to present your firearm, do you carry anything in that side jacket pocket so when you sweep that side of the jacket out of the way it actually moves and not hovers in the way?
I've heard about it. IDPA concealed competitors will open up the corner of their vest and sew weights in it so the corner really "flings" out of the way when drawing.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I'm probably too under gunned for you guys.....

95% of the time, I carry a 1974 Colt Detective Special. Just like this.

Loaded with (6) rounds of Remington R38S12. 38spl +P 158gr Lead Hollow Point (FBI/Chicago load).

In an OWB Bianchi 5BH holster.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

To your point OC... In my right coat pocket I carry (2) loaded Bianchi speed strips for a total of 12 back up rounds. Helps swing my jacket free during my draw from the holster.

The other 5% of the time when I feel like doing something different, I will carry my Browning Hi Power or one of my COLT 1911's in an OWB paddle holster or Bianchi thumb break. I have various holsters for my Glock 19, Berretta 92F and my trusty SIG P226 (which I carried almost exclusively when I was in my 20'sand early 30's)... I just never seem to put any of them in my carry rotation anymore. These days I just really prefer the simplicity of my little COLT DS.... I can shoot it well and I know the 38+P is an effective round.

Will

·
Registered
570 Posts
S&W M&P340 in a milt Sparks SS2. I have the Remington 125gr SJHP HTP's in it. Out of the 1 7/8 barrel, they are 1200fps. It's a hand full but not too bad. The Ahrends boot grip make it easy to hold on to.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My EDC is a Springfield Armory sub compact XD (in 9mm) and have 15 Hornady critical defense rounds in it. I carry IWB in a cheaper holster (which will be replaced with alien gear soon).

·
Registered
665 Posts
Off duty I carry concealed and rarely pack my badge when off duty. I do carry my LTC off duty and yes as a commissioned peace officer I have a LTC. One in any ugly scenario that may appear I don't look like a nun in a whorehouse and two it doesn't escalate anything.

I carry a Sig 227 off duty with an outside the waistband holster. Speer gold dot in 230 hollow point.

I was training on a breezy day, and had my jacket blow back and foul my draw. Put a couple of small rocks in the pocket, and thought I was a genius. Nope. Found out it was a common trick.
I always make it a point to keep something in the pocket. Usually my set of keys. Just the right weight to work well, but not sag the jacket.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Normally will carry a S&W model 60 .38 snub nose with Hornady Critical Defence and 2 speed strips. Now that it's getting colder, I'll rotate a Ruger SR9 with one extra mag or a S&W model 66 4 inch with 158 grain .357 JHP and an extra speed loader. (It's the one in my avitar)
Never carry the S&W 586, too damn big.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm probably too under gunned for you guys.....

95% of the time, I carry a 1974 Colt Detective Special. Just like this.

Loaded with (6) rounds of Remington R38S12. 38spl +P 158gr Lead Hollow Point (FBI/Chicago load).

In an OWB Bianchi 5BH holster.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

To your point OC... In my right coat pocket I carry (2) loaded Bianchi speed strips for a total of 12 back up rounds. Helps swing my jacket free during my draw from the holster.

The other 5% of the time when I feel like doing something different, I will carry my Browning Hi Power or one of my COLT 1911's in an OWB paddle holster or Bianchi thumb break. I have various holsters for my Glock 19, Berretta 92F and my trusty SIG P226 (which I carried almost exclusively when I was in my 20'sand early 30's)... I just never seem to put any of them in my carry rotation anymore. These days I just really prefer the simplicity of my little COLT DS.... I can shoot it well and I know the 38+P is an effective round.

Will
I don't think you are undergunned at all. Hell Im going to start carrying a 45 which carries one less round than my 9. I think people get too hung up on capacity. Sure more rounds may be better but I think I'm more apt to carry something that is more comfortable and concealable.

And nice Colt btw!

1 - 20 of 241 Posts