Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will make the peta people go even more crazy. Anybody got your dog stoned for the 4th? Treat your dog's "anxiety disorder", Faaarrrgh ooooooooooot arf.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I used to shut the curtains and turn up the TV during storms or when people were lighting fireworks. Then my dog would watch the monitor for the security camera and when he saw a flash he would turn and give me a "did you see that look" lol He was to smart for his own good.

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
The only good dog is a hunting dog and those don't mind fireworks.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I know it works for me.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Why did this become such a huge issue? For hundreds of years, dogs just dealt with loud noises and nobody really gave a shit and life just went on...

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Why did this become such a huge issue? For hundreds of years, dogs just dealt with loud noises and nobody really gave a shit and life just went on...
I felt bad for my pups, They both would shiver uncontrollably when storms rolled thru but like I said earlier, Close the curtains and turn up the tv and they were fine.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
When middle aged, single women with no kids started calling themselves dog moms and the call the dogs, fur babies.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Heres how you fix this:
- Buy puppy.
- Take puppy to puppy-class so he sits, stays, etc (or just youtube that shit)
- Take puppy to gun range, shoot guns while feeding puppy tasty treats.
- Repeat.
- Dog grows up and aint scared of shit.

Impact guns, open headered race cars or diesels will also work.

Then smuggly tell your neighbours when they complain about fireworks, "well, you should've trained your dog to not be scared of loud noises."

·
Registered
889 Posts
Heres how you fix this:
- Buy puppy.
- Take puppy to puppy-class so he sits, stays, etc (or just youtube that shit)
- Take puppy to gun range, shoot guns while feeding puppy tasty treats.
- Repeat.
- Dog grows up and aint scared of shit.

Impact guns, open headered race cars or diesels will also work.

Then smuggly tell your neighbours when they complain about fireworks, "well, you should've trained your dog to not be scared of loud noises."

YUP

That shit really works :-D

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Using it on our 14 YO Peskiness with bad spine issues and he has been acting like a puppy the way he is running around. Was almost immobile before.

I have been smoking Sativa based CBD (No THC) and has been helping my plantar fasciitis tremendously and the Sativa makes you want to go paint the garage

·
Read Only
5,966 Posts
We got a thunder jacket for our English mastiff. He wears it when there are gun shots or he's in the car. It makes a huge difference. Anyone letting an animal suffer when you can do something that's cheap and easy to calm them down is a fuck asshole. He loves CBD oil too. We give him some every once in a while. It works too. He begs for it.

·
Former RJ instigator
41,538 Posts
This will make the peta people go even more crazy. Anybody got your dog stoned for the 4th? Treat your dog's "anxiety disorder", Faaarrrgh ooooooooooot arf.
CBD oil based products do not contain any THC, in other words, the dog does not get 'stoned or high'.

·
Registered
31,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CBD oil based products do not contain any THC, in other words, the dog does not get 'stoned or high'.
Is anybody sure about that? Animals do not respond to various alkaloids the same as humans. An example is the effect of Chocolate on a dog is a powerful stimulant, similar to cocaine or amphetamine in humans.

·
Former RJ instigator
41,538 Posts
Is anybody sure about that? Animals do not respond to various alkaloids the same as humans. An example is the effect of Chocolate on a dog is a powerful stimulant, similar to cocaine or amphetamine in humans.
Who knows for certain.

My niece has one of her older dogs on CBD for his hip dysplasia, he does not act any differently than he normally would, but his mobility is a lot better, it made a profound difference.

·
Just Sayin Crew V.P.
37,825 Posts
The only good dog is a hunting dog and those don't mind fireworks.
Not necessarily. I hunt with my two pups. Caey the little one is just terrified by fireworks. To other sounds no issues, she comes to the track and on some of my sites where we are crushing concrete or whatever no issues, something about fireworks that she flips out. Scout on the other hand thinks he is missing something and has to go outside to see what is going on. It is comical to see him outside sitting there watching everything go on and barking at the really loud ones.

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Our year old husky sat there last night watching out the storm door for about an
Hour. All the people on the lower street were setting off fireworks for a good while. She enjoyed the show. Her head just turned left and right.
No CBD here.

·
Registered
41,335 Posts
It isn't a stimulant, there is a toxin in chocolate called theobromine. It varies in the amount contained depending on the type of chocolate. White chocolate contains almost none, milk is higher, once you get to dark chocolate you're on thin ice and bakers chocolate is a nuke to dogs. I had a chow ate a whole bag of Reeses, all he did was grin.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts