Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so who went to the race this past weekend, and do you have pics?
I just got back from the race, and what a good one it was! Norwalk was at its full capacity, plus some. They actually had to close the gates from people getting in!
I have been going to the track since i was a little guy, and i have never seen it so packed. Not even at the Nationals or night under fire! It was a record setting attendance. And not to mention all the cars! there were so many! it was just a great weekend of the racing! Post some pics up if ya got em!

·
Registered
227 Posts
i was there saturday. no pics. but you are right about the crowd. biggest i have seen in years. and even some of the racers i know were commenting on the number of cars. good to see.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
got home about 5 or so, had a damn good time.
we went saturday and i couldn't believe how many people were there,
hell of a good show.
sorry no pics though.

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah it was crazy there! arrow, are you goin to woodward?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
oh yeah, me and bigin71 were just talking about it today as a matter of fact, cant wait

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Took a couple hundred, I'll get them posted down in the photo&video section (on the road with JB) in the next day or two. What'ya want'a see, stock-superstock-topsportsman-topdragster ??? Heavy C's got some awesome pan shots already on the bullet. Went to norwalk fri & sun, and thompson sat, boy, was there a bunch of chevy II's & Nova's at TRP saturday ! awesome, jb

·
Registered
225 Posts
Took a couple hundred, I'll get them posted down in the photo&video section (on the road with JB) in the next day or two. What'ya want'a see, stock-superstock-topsportsman-topdragster ??? Heavy C's got some awesome pan shots already on the bullet. Went to norwalk fri & sun, and thompson sat, boy, was there a bunch of chevy II's & Nova's at TRP saturday ! awesome, jb
lets see your Top Dragster pics

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lets see your Top Dragster pics
actually put up all you can. it would be easier to put them in here since there is already a thread. you can take it over lol

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
my aunt from Pontiac just came down to visit after we got home from the track today, i told her we needed to use her fridge for the Woodward weekend, she lives about 3 or 4 miles from the lot that bill rented.
so thats going to work out great.
so if we have too we can store some food there, plus use her oven to warm some food up.
shes going to make some sides (potato and macaroni salads) and a 5 gallon pail of some of the best cookies you have ever had :tonqe:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Went to Norwalk Sat. have been going there since the Baders bought the track and have never seen so many people. I don't think they were ready for that kind of crowd.I think NHRA should look into when you give away free tickets you will make it up on food and T-Shirt sales.Sort of like ADRL.Makes good sense!!!!:D:D:D

·
I forgot what to do next!
6,090 Posts
What an awesome time we had, Norwalk is the shit. Sat nite was awesome loved the jet cars and Kenworth.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Thanks Johnboy,

Here are a few from saturday.

I will post up more later.

Chuck

·
Eddie Haskell
7,849 Posts
Went to Norwalk Sat. have been going there since the Baders bought the track and have never seen so many people. I don't think they were ready for that kind of crowd.I think NHRA should look into when you give away free tickets you will make it up on food and T-Shirt sales.Sort of like ADRL.Makes good sense!!!!:D:D:D
Yes it was packed, they closed the gates at 5pm on Sat. I heard that they did have free tickets. I don't know how they were giving them away though.

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
great pics! that black trans am could run! sounding great too!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Napa auto parts in my area had about 8000 tickets to give away,when you signed up for Pinks all out at Norwalk they gave you 3 free tickets and every time you went to the Summit store they gave you free tickets .I was giving my tickets to friends who don't race so they could get in free.I don't know of anybody who paid to get in.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
My son brought home tickets from school, the DARE program gave them away with a letter from the bader's, but man there was a shit ton of people there.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
A very good program and then for the Baders to give away tickets like that,I wonder if they realize how many people where at the track sat. that have never been to a drag race before.Not a new concept since ADRL does it all time but still very smart.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts