Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
youtube.com/watch?v=4F53zdTU850 copy and paste the link in a new window

I'm posting this here because so many questions come up that are safety related.... This guy was lucky. If you look carefully, it has a ballistic blanket around it. And yet the car was damaged severely.

What was that about putting your helmet on backwards and strapping boots on Hutch?

g

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Those short blankets are junk and should not be SFI certified.

Can yall spell "Lawsuit"...:cool:

The "monster truck" full length blanket is the only one that should be allowed a cert.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The inside of that car look's like mine when the turbo 400 blew with a full length blanket that the stitching came loose on the straps to the blanket. Even dented the roof.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
That's it... I'm getting me one of those Virgin Mary statues for my dashboard.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
youtube.com/watch?v=4F53zdTU850 copy and paste the link in a new window

I'm posting this here because so many questions come up that are safety related.... This guy was lucky. If you look carefully, it has a ballistic blanket around it. And yet the car was damaged severely.

What was that about putting your helmet on backwards and strapping boots on Hutch?

g
If you decide to do anything besides leave it in high gear , be sure to have a shield on the trans , maybe wear motocross boots with a steel liner on the right leg , arm your onboard fire system , be sure you have a good first aid kit handy, pay up your health insurance, have your entire family sign the racetrack waiver so they can't look for anyone to blame or sue if its gets really ugly and let er rip.:razz:

Hutch
:smt082

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
No matter how you look at it, he's lucky.....period..... I hear so many people complain about all the safety stuff, but it's there for a reason....to me, aftermarket cases are worth the investment, no matter what!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Embedded video FTW

·
Super Moderator
19,700 Posts
Nasty drum explosion. There are a lot of do's and dont's with ANY 3 speed transmissions but the TF seems to do the worst damage when they let go. There are a lot of parts available to prevent this from happening and I can only hope this guy was aware of it when he bought his transmission. Im sure he won't fix that car for the 700.00 saved on the trans. I really hope he was ok , that could have been much worse.

Hutch

1 - 14 of 14 Posts