Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my block repaired last week by Chris Razor of High Tech Welding in Livonia Michigan. The job he did looks great see for yourself in the pictures below. Quick turn around and good prices.

Before^^^^ After VVVV

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Josh, has your block been lightened by a CNC machine?? The repair looks great! Glad you could get it fixed instead of getting a new block!!

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
28,142 Posts
How did you break it?

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
How did you break it?
Wheelie, pedal, wheelie at the last heads-up event. Hard landings on both at least it appeared that way from the spectator area. Great pics and video material though!!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whats the lil purple moran thing?

glad to see you got the block fixed 2
The purple Moran thing is a screw in style freeze plug. It's used in case of a blown head gasket pressurizing the coolant system a pushing out freeze plugs. I think Don Walsh pushed one out last year and about hit the wall because hit ran over the coolant with a back tire. It's just a safety think. Mike sells them for $20 or $25 each. I can't remember the price. He has a special tap made that he rents to install the freeze plugs with. He has them in different sizes for differnt motors.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Josh, has your block been lightened by a CNC machine?? The repair looks great! Glad you could get it fixed instead of getting a new block!!
Yes it has been CNC lightened by two different people. About three years ago Scott Gressman did the program for lightening the sides and the lifter valley. He never had time to write the program for the front and rear of the block. So last year I took it to LSM as someone stated above to do the front and rear. I'm glad it was fixed also. With all the CNC lightening, screw in freeze plug work, lifter bushings and cam tunnel boring it's a rather expensive block.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Great work. I have never met anybody that does a better job with welding repairs. He is the best and very reasonably priced. I found a crack on my head on a Sunday and called him to see if he would happen to be there. He was and told me to come right over and he would take a look at it. He fixed it while I waited!! Great guy and great service!!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Glade he was able to help. He is someone who knows his shit.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I've had Chris Razor do some work for me and it turned out great

The plugs are just as mentioned, here's some pics

This do-it-yourself Plug It Kit from MRE saves you from sending your engine block to a machine shop. Made from anodized billet aluminum. Choose to rent or buy a tap. Plugs come in 1 9/16" 1 5/8" 1 13/16".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts