Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22846 Posts

·
Confused Racer
41,534 Posts
maybe longer than 4. plus he said bars to. Mine is a tv stand and shoe holder so it should get special dispensation!

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
I just drug this out of a barn in Northern Michigan. Its a 1966 Caprice. I figure it will give me something to do for the next few years.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just drug this out of a barn in Northern Michigan. Its a 1966 Caprice. I figure it will give me something to do for the next few years.
One of those showed up to a local car show last summer but a 69 with a 427. It was all original (incl the owner too).

Bad ass cars.

·
thread killer
4,075 Posts
One owner 62, 409, 4speed, black on black convertible, red leather interior. This is on the day we started to strip it for it's journey to the resto man. It's almost done. It had been sitting for almost 35 years.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One owner 62, 409, 4speed, black on black convertible, red leather interior. This is on the day we started to strip it for it's journey to the resto man. It's almost done. It had been sitting for almost 35 years.

That is a nice car !! Very rare too !! You know how many 409 4-speed converts were built in 62 ?

You found the gold at the end of the rainbow right there !!

More pics ?

·
thread killer
4,075 Posts
That is a nice car !! Very rare too !! You know how many 409 4-speed converts were built in 62 ?

You found the gold at the end of the rainbow right there !!

More pics ?
For some reason I didn't take any pics before we started work. I have pics of most of the sub-assemblies. I have some with the work that has been completed, but unfortunately the owner is always in the frame. I'm not interested in letting his information out. We figure the car was worth north of 40K as it sat. It's the 360HP version, so that is the only detraction from it's value.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
That doesnt look all that bad, I love that body style.
Thanks.

Its a 50fter at best. The good spot are good the bad are BAD. Unfortunatley the moisture sitting under the vinyl top for years didnt help it any. It did come with all new trunk pans, new qtrs for both sides, and the passenger floor pan. All the glass is good. It just has a little 283. Its a original 327 350hp car though and i know where the 327 is at.

Alot of people dont realize the Caprice was a step above a Impala SS. Just over the years the Caprice turned in a red headed step child because everybody is all goo goo ga ga over Super Sports.

1 - 20 of 22846 Posts