Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cars from hell. We have all worked on one or 50 in our lifetime, but which one stands out in your head? Me? One 1964 F-85 (Cutlass) convertible. The boss’s car, not my first line boss but the head honcho, the big cheese. First started out as a tune up, no problem. It then later blossomed into a full motor rebuild on the odd ball 330. $1800 later in bearings, pistons and machine work it left the machine shop. Since somebody else yanked the motor & ‘neatly organized everything’ had the pleasure of figuring out where everything went. It has refused to play nice, broken wires, two phucking ballast resistors and impossible to find parts. Then the carb flooded bad, enough to wash all of the oil out of the cylinders causing everything to rust solid. Car was sitting inside and never saw the weather. It had enough rust in the oil to put some scratches in the crank. Somebody must have died in this car or something. It does not want to get back on the road at all. Lets hear some of your hair pullers, I know that there are some!

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
Was on Thanksgiving liberty with the future wife, driving to PA from NC in her S10 pickup. Sorry thing stranded us near DC on one of the beltways in the dead of night, in a horrible part of town. No cell phone then (1993). Some good samaritans got the thing running by jumping the injectors, and we managed to get it off the highway. Spent a cold night in the truck in a gas station parking lot waiting for her mom to come and get us. All this was my first introduction to her family. The truck ended up having a ground problem that fried 2 computers and 4 alternators. Lemon is an understatement. Sent it back to the dealer and got one of the best cars we have ever owned. A used1994 buick century, 3.3 V6. Put over 100,000 miles on it and only replaced brakes, tires, water pump, and alternator. I delivered thousands of pizzas in that sucker.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts