Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is one off topic. Any tree MDs out there? I see saw dust on the ground around a big silver maple. I can't find any tree service around here that can help. Big black ants are climbing the tree. Davey told me they are only eating dead wood, I don't think so.

I've spread #7 powder around the base and on the trunk. Sprayed ant killer on the tree but they keep chewing. One old timer told me to spread Borax soap around the base. Problem they are way up there, higher that a ladder can reach. I want to save the tree before they hollow it out.

Any ideas?

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Get a professional on the job.

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
Dynamite works in a pinch.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
We have a caterpillar problem every couple of years in certain trees.
I simply drill a few holes in the trunk at a 45 degree angle and fill with insecticide. Within a couple of days they're all dead....:partyman:

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Dammit

Light it on fire and burn the little phuckers:p

Dammit, ya treed me! I was gonna say burn that bitch to the ground!

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
Get some acephate put at the base of the tree-you can get it from any mill store and where a mask it stinks like hell-just pore it out of the can problem solved s.c was built on a ant bed so i know what works

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
call immigration.
They are busy not deporting other invaders. When they get done allowing the nation to be flooded with unknown, hard-working, family-values, sexual predators; they'd be happy to assist.
Otherwise complaints can be made to the manager; Helen Wait.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts