Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goin on my first cruise. :partyman: I know they dont allow alcohol, but is it possible to get it on board?
I read another thread on here that others have got away with it, but want to know tips if there are any?

Im a cheap phucker and an alky at times, which seems might cost me on this vacation!!

·
Not Just Another Game
1,560 Posts
If you carry on your bags its fairly easy. I took a big bottle of grey goose and patron and wrapped them in a towel and put them in the bottom of our bags. Never looked twice. They sent us on our way. We are getting ready to take our second trip in 3 weeks and plan on putting them in bottles of some sort. You are allowed to take soda, water, snacks etc. Do so to save money. Our liquor bill only ended up being 200 Bucks. Have fun!!! It is a blast...

·
Photoshop Pisser Offer
3,461 Posts
Goin on my first cruise. :partyman: I know they dont allow alcohol, but is it possible to get it on board?
I read another thread on here that others have got away with it, but want to know tips if there are any?

Im a cheap phucker and an alky at times, which seems might cost me on this vacation!!
I have been on Carnival to Bahamas & to Mexico a couple times. Always bring our own booze. Wrap in a towel, or in the legs of pants at the bottom of your luggage and your fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, I guess going through the Xrays they just dont give a shit?
Wrapped in towels, heard the same from a few others....

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'm going on a Royal Caribbean cruise soon, I'll have to give it a try. I'm definitely bringing my own bottled water. I need that to lessen my hangover!:partyman:

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Just remember to wear your swim trunks to board, unless you take a carry on. Takes a while to get luggage to your state room. I sat at the pool in killer sun in pants and hated every minute of it. Oh and dont leave the booze you sneak on the boat out in your room cause it wont be there when ya get back. Neighbor lost a bottle of Rum thought he was in the clear after they cleaned the room but someone else came in later to inspect the job and took the rum. He got it back at the end of the trip.

·
Registered
508 Posts
50 dollar tip after we boarded kept us in ,diet coke and limes for the cruise...A lil preemptive tipping is always the safe route...LOL..Cruises are the best vacations going...What port are you leaving from??

·
Not Just Another Game
1,560 Posts
I'm going on a Royal Caribbean cruise soon, I'll have to give it a try. I'm definitely bringing my own bottled water. I need that to lessen my hangover!:partyman:

Which cruise you going on??? Royal Carribean is our favorite. This time they give us a free bottle of wine, $50 or $100 on board credit (can't remember) and some fruit.
We are going on one June 5th...Counting down the days...23 days 6 hours and 6 minutes and so many seconds til we leave. Can't wait. We are taking our patron, vodka, and rum too, some sweet and sour, etc...and swimwear and our personal items and that is it. 2 bags carry on so we can take them to our room. WE WILL BE GTG!

·
Not Just Another Game
1,560 Posts
Well you can carry on bags just like on an airplane. About the same size actually (maybe just a bit bigger). Anything bigger than the size they have at the port (or dimensions on the rules and regs for the cruise line) has to be checked in just like at the airport.

We were going to check in on our first cruise but the line was ridiculously long to check in and we decided to just carry on, best decision because if you check in and they notice anything strange they open the bags. One lady didn't get her bags until the next day because she brought a iron to iron her clothes. At least that is what she told us.???

It's easier to just carry on. You will only need clothes you wear to the boat, swimwear, personal items, if you go to the dinners nicer clothes. We didn't go to any of the dinners so we didn't bring those clothes (and didn't have to tip out the staff)

·
Not Just Another Game
1,560 Posts
Cruise still has openings leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale, going to Key West, Cozmel, Coco Cay, and back...good prices for a 6 day 5 night cruise...Come YB folks...let's go cruising join us in some fun ;)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
GameOvr, Leaving out of NJ on June 24. CAN'T PHUCKING WAIT! Going with 90% of my family. It's my Mom's first cruise and our second on R/C. 9 days to Bermuda, St. Maarten, San Juan. I plan on staying fairly intoxicated most of the time. I did forget about the wait time for your bags. Thanks for that reminder. I was thinking about signing up for their "Crown & Anchor" group. Maybe try to get some freebies

·
Not Just Another Game
1,560 Posts
GameOvr, Leaving out of NJ on June 24. CAN'T PHUCKING WAIT! Going with 90% of my family. It's my Mom's first cruise and our second on R/C. 9 days to Bermuda, St. Maarten, San Juan. I plan on staying fairly intoxicated most of the time. I did forget about the wait time for your bags. Thanks for that reminder. I was thinking about signing up for their "Crown & Anchor" group. Maybe try to get some freebies
Yes sign up for it. We did on our first cruise and you get little goodies for every cruise your on with R/C. Free wine, onboard credits, free upgrades...The more cruises the better the freebies. They even have private (free) parties for those who have a few cruises under their belts...We went with some people that had 30 cruises and got a lot of fun things for free ...drinks, parties, you get private tours of the boat and etc...

Anyways, Have a great time. i know we will!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Been on them all out of Florida. I always put a fifth of whatever in each piece of luggage that I check and they bring the luggage to the room it was all there. Have a great trip.

·
Lord of Lords
4,165 Posts
fill up 1 liter bottles of cola with Crown or any other brown liquor, water bottles for vodka. Bring TOO MUCH because you will run out, especially if you make friends and go back to the rooms to make drinks and entertain. Last cruise I went on we met up with another young honeymoon couple that had the freaking owners suite! this thing was as big as my house on the cruise ship. We definately partied it up big time with them.

Not sure about Carnival, but Royal Caribbean ships SHIT on all other cruiselines... look in to them next time.

·
Registered
378 Posts
weve been on 5 carnival cruises, there a lot of fun. hopefull you have a cabin with a balcony, if you do, buy your booze in the gift shop, go up to your room at the end of the night and drink your ass off on your private balcony, nothing better! have fun!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Yes you can do both...We are only going for 6 day/5 nights so carry on should be enough. If we go to the dinners and need the formal wear we will check that bag in...
Thanks for the heads up. We're doing 9 days / 8 nights on Carnival in October. It will be a first for both of us. Any other advice?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts