Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying an 05 24ft. Cargomate trailer. Anyone know if these are good trailers. Want to stay away from some of the cheap trailers for sale on racing junk. Heard about a new $3000.00 trailer that the floor fell out!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have an 04 I bought used, other than being a v-nose so I cant use weight bars on it, it has been great. The previous owner jacknifed it and ran into it with a motor home and its a little beat up but tows excellent. I painted the inside and ran some electric lights and outlets. It has been a solid and dependable trailer and wouldnt hesitate to buy another.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were off to a good start, thanks guys! It's a good deal and i am going to have it for a while, and want something the floor wont fall out. :pWhat do you think a good price for it is? Its got a/c new winch and electric hoist in the front, other than that, it pretty bare inside.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a 44' goose with "weekender" living quarters that I ordered new in Jan. '08. Cargomate is built by Forest River, which is big in the RV biz. They have a plant at Elkhart, IN and another at Waco, TX. I have towed this trailer about 35k miles and so far the only issue is a trim screw in the ceiling falling out. So yeah I've been pleased..........:cool: JB

·
Lord of Lords
4,161 Posts
I have an 08 Cargo Mate Eliminator race trailer couldn't be more happy with it..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just dont get a Diamond Cargo just wasted my money on a 32ft triple axle and waited a month to get it and it is a great big pile of JUNK. Wish i didnt sale my 24ft cargo mate it never gave any problems

·
Registered
189 Posts
I recently purchased a 32ft. triple axle Cargo Mate Eliminator, so far I am very pleased with the fit & finish. Tows well also

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just bought a new 2011 Forest River 32' Cargomate last week (Hillwood Trailers in VA) triple axle,1 foot extra head room. Excellent trailer, I just set up the winch and the floor is 1" thick, 16" on center, a very nice well built trailer! Having a 28' two-axle before, going to a tri-axle is the balls!! Tows much much better even with just my F-150!! 75-80 mph all the way home to CT. No problems. Good luck with your choice. Bill Meserve Jr.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts