Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put stripes on my car that look like carbon fiber. Can this look be painted or would it be tape?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Ours are painted carbon fiber, I believe that the painter sprayed the base through a perforated mat of some sort, similar to a tool tray mat I believe.

Here's a crappy pic, I can get a closer shot tonight if you'd like.

Martin

·
Registered
199 Posts
there are some materials out there that are vinyl and super realistic....possibly cheaper than paint look on ebay

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Ours are painted carbon fiber, I believe that the painter sprayed the base through a perforated mat of some sort, similar to a tool tray mat I believe.

Here's a crappy pic, I can get a closer shot tonight if you'd like.

Martin
Seen it done with spraying through tool tray mat also. Came out OK. Not really the best may have had the wrong type of mat.

·
Banned
14,510 Posts
Get yourself a JC Whitney catalog.

You can maybe get a deal on the stripes if you purchase an turbo exhaust whistle and a fake intercooler.

Tom

·
Registered
637 Posts
Saw them do it on one of the horse/chop/gear/truckin shows
the guy used a kitchen drawer liner that was perforated. The cool thing about it was he said to make sure when you use the liner
don't try to line up evenly where the dots begin and end. Just lay the liner on whatever you want to do and spray it. In other words
don't over complicate it and it will be fine, right up my ally;). He did just the hood and it came out awesome.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts