Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the part one, Livernois' 3.700 bore, 314ci block mods.

So Why? Well, why not?

I wanted to build the first ever 4 barrel carbureted Coyote engine. Most everything else has been done. People have made 1500+hp with power adders along with awesome NA builds. Eventually someone was going to build a carbureted Coyote, so why not be the first?

It's called the carbed Cobra Jet Coyote because this motor will be similar to Ford's naturally aspirated Cobra Jet engines. It employs the same 3.700 bore block sleeving technique that Livernois Motorsports supplied to the Cobra Jet program. It has the same Cobra Jet Mahle pistons, though we will run it with a thicker head gasket for about .5 less compression.

It will also feature Livernois' CNC heads, oversized Ferrea valves, Oliver billet ultra light 5.933 rods, COMP CJ grind camshafts, Holley Ultra HP 850cfm carb etc.

I am trying really hard to find a solution for keeping the Ti-VCT and factory coil on plugs functional. Believe it or not, there's not a lot of options out there, but we have a prospective answer that we are currently working on. If we can keep the VCT and without the limitations of the stock processor, we will try to spin the motor as close to 9,000 rpm as possible.

The man behind the manifold is Rich Groh, many multi-time champion engine builder in the NMRA and NMCA. So we have confidence that the manifold will work well.

Also we are going to spray it a bit at lower RPMs.

We will also have a story/video on the short block, long block, and engine dyno testing.

http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories...yote-build-part-1-livernois-3-700-bore-block/

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
I wasn't aware that mod motors could even suck in their own air? :DLooks like a cool project

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I would be very interested in the electronics solution in what you end up with. I'm building a '32 roadster with a coyote, 6-71 supercharger, etc. Was planning on a belt drive dizzy and locking out the cams...

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't got head gaskets yet. The pistons are .005 in the hole, so with a .040 gasket, it will net a 12.3:1 compression ratio. 11.5:1 with a .060 gasket.

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would be very interested in the electronics solution in what you end up with. I'm building a '32 roadster with a coyote, 6-71 supercharger, etc. Was planning on a belt drive dizzy and locking out the cams...
I have been talking with some engine builders and it seems like one of the reasons why Ford hard coded an 8,100 rpm rev limit on the 2011+ Mustangs is due to reliability on the VCT above 8,000 rpm. I am still investigating this, but if that's the case, then I will be locking out the cams. The only plug and play solution available for the COP control is FAST's XIM, though a MSD MOD6 will probably work if you change some of the connectors over from the 4.6/5.4 style.

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
I would think with right valve train stuff it would run a lot more than 9K for RPM........

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would think with right valve train stuff it would run a lot more than 9K for RPM........
I would rather be conservative with expectations and it actually perform better :)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I haven't got head gaskets yet. The pistons are .005 in the hole, so with a .040 gasket, it will net a 12.3:1 compression ratio. 11.5:1 with a .060 gasket.
Gotcha. I was concerned about it going south of 10:0:1. Sounds like you will be fine. I'll keep an eye out on the build/results. :)

1 - 20 of 88 Posts