Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a general question. I have a custom 1250 dom. In general how much is too much or to little to have the throttle blades opeded at idle. I have my pri. and sec. screws backed off all the way and the car idle at 1100rpm which is fine, i dont want it any lower. (throttle blades are 100% closed), no problems just wondering what is the correct procedure.
I can push the pri. throttle blades open about .100 before the shooter starts pushing out fuel. also note the acc. arm is has.000 set perfect! thoughts? Regards Ray

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
As long as there is sufficient transition slot exposed to prevent an off idle stumble on light throttle openings, you are OK. Usually around .020 needs to be exposed.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as there is sufficient transition slot exposed to prevent an off idle stumble on light throttle openings, you are OK. Usually around .020 needs to be exposed.
ok. i will try that, im taking the car out today.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks....... that did help some but what made it 100% was setting the yellow cam just on the heal after setting where the throttle blade where at idle. now the shooters are spot on...thanks for your help.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts