Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I am running a 750 Mighty Demon on my 408 LSX and was curious as to if I would benefit from stepping up to a 950 or even a dominator?

I have access to a nice Holley 1050 with a Wilson 4500 to 4150 2" spacer/adapter that I can pick up for fairly inexpensively. I like the fact that the dominator offers tunability vs the Demon I have.

My friends that have a ton of experience with SBC say that 750 should be more than enough for what I am running, everyone else thinks other wise.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
372 Posts
depends what heads you have, what they flow..etc... id get a prosystems they can make one to your engine spec. but you will have to dish out some $$$

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heads flow @ 350 CFM Intake 240 Exhaust. 12:1 compression LS3 style heads. Prosystems recommends 1000 CFM gas carb (4150 body, 4500 guts)

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Don't mess with a addapter to dom. Patrick will set you straight.

I have a 750 street HP on dads 6.0 not sure yet how good it is but on the 502 it was great. On a 450hp 454 on the dyno it was very good. I think it is going to be close.

Tim

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah more than likely going to go prosystems. Did you ever get your LS notch squared away?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Patrick built me a 950hp for my very mild 6.0. The LSx motors like more flow so a bigger carb would work a lot better on your setup.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
No still waiting on $$ to fix it. I am changing way to many things.

Some day.

Tim

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha I know how that is. This project started out as a 351 setup. Got as close as dropping a distributor in to firing it up and ripped it all out for the Lsx swap.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We ended up putting the Dominator on the motor. The motor smoothed out a ton, idles better, starts easier, and with tuning, should run a good bit harder.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Heads flow @ 350 CFM Intake 240 Exhaust. 12:1 compression LS3 style heads. Prosystems recommends 1000 CFM gas carb (4150 body, 4500 guts)
That's pretty close to what I have and and it runs great with the pro systems carb. Best money I ever spent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts