Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious for a good starting point on what primary and secondary jet sizes to try in my carb to keep from having to keep buying some many for tuning purpose

406sbc
Dart Pro 1 230
13:1 comp
comp solid roller
252 258 @ 50
288 296 adv
630 lift
106 lobe
36 degree timing
950hp holley carb
professional products hurricane intake

The engine is in a heavy vehicle and I turn it about 7000rpm if it makes a difference.

thanks

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Odds are it will want some jet due to the fact the carb is too small for the application. What is the fuel system you are running? Type of fuel? I alos just want to offer some friendly advice for the future, the camshaft is way too small for this engine, as is the carb. It is very similar to my bracket engines. Same compression, heads, Super Vic which is similar to yours, but I run dominators with an HVH adapter, and with the camshaft I use, makes over 700hp with a vacuum pump. Just something to keep in mind for the furture when you want to go faster. LMK some info to help better answer your question.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just but the entire Holley jet pack. It cheap compared to buying individual jets and comes in a nice plastic case.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Just but the entire Holley jet pack. It cheap compared to buying individual jets and comes in a nice plastic case.

Always a must have..until it falls on the ground in the street in the fall with the leaves on the ground with it open [email protected]#!$!!!! lol.

Start with 78/88 with a power valve in the front, and work your way up from there. Always try to keep an 8-10 spread, so alter where you make changes when you do. Like I said, pump is small, camshaft is small and carb is small so start at those numbers. It will want more, but if you start low and go up it's better than starting in the middle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts