Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ha guys, i live in hot muggy memphis, tn

need to know how you jet your carb from winter cool weather to hot muggy summer days

i have a sbc with a big shot plate 275 hp

the carb is a dominator 1050cfm

just need a lil info on which way to go, not trying to make major changes just trying to see if i can get a lil better hot weather tune or if i need to touch it at all

thx

·
Registered
977 Posts
Jet UP when it starts getting cooler. Go up 2 jet sizes front and back and see if it picks up MPH. As always, all cars are different. My car usually starts picking at around 65 degrees.

·
Registered
753 Posts
ha guys, i live in hot muggy memphis, tn

need to know how you jet your carb from winter cool weather to hot muggy summer days

i have a sbc with a big shot plate 275 hp

the carb is a dominator 1050cfm

just need a lil info on which way to go, not trying to make major changes just trying to see if i can get a lil better hot weather tune or if i need to touch it at all

thx

The best way to do it is with a weather station. This way once you've got the car dialed in you can adjust your jetting based on the changes in the weather.

If you don't have one, your body is a pretty good gauge...
When it's nice outside and you feel good so does your engine it wants more fuel. As the weather gets worse and it's harder for you to breath and move around its the same for the engine it wants less fuel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts