Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What will cause the front bowl to leak fuel from the bowl into the motor after fuel pump is shut off? It's not the power valve block because i've already checked it and its not the needle and seat. Any other ideas? :rolleyes: :partyman:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Similar issue here but it was the back bowl, Chris Uratchko told me some performance carbs metering blocks were not meant to have a power valve in the back so I put my block off back in and problem was resolved. Could be yours needs a power valve in the front the blockoff could not be seating all the way causing leaking.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I had a similar issue but mine was coming in from the rear. I had double gasketed the PV's in both the front and rear. I didn't notice the new ones had gaskets already and put them in. The 2 gaskets were not sealing together and allowing fuel through. Also, in conjunction, my fuel cell was not vented and building pressure in the heat like a gas can in the sun and pushing fuel out the line and into the carb.

Maybe not your case, but worth a looksie. Good luck.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If there is some dirt or debris caught up in the metering block, or in one of the air bleeds in that side of the carburetor it can cause fuel to siphon through the carburetor when the engine is shut off.

Take the carburetor apart, and spray out the air bleeds & metering blocks with some carburetor cleaner and compressed air. Install new gaskets, and you should be good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts