Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious about adjusting the idle circut on a C and S carb. I installed a large cam last winter it runs about 3 or 4 LBS of vacuum at 900 to 1000 rpm. Do I understand correctly that to increase the amount of gas into the circuit I actually decrease the size of the idle circuit jet? I can't seam to get any better than 15 or so on my AFR gauge and no real response on the Vac gauge.
Thanks guys....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am curious about adjusting the idle circut on a C and S carb. I installed a large cam last winter it runs about 3 or 4 LBS of vacuum at 900 to 1000 rpm. Do I understand correctly that to increase the amount of gas into the circuit I actually decrease the size of the idle circuit jet? I can't seam to get any better than 15 or so on my AFR gauge and no real response on the Vac gauge.
Thanks guys....
It's best to call C&S, however to answer your question: The best way to increase the amount of fuel to the idle circuit is to increase the size of the idle fuel circuit (which probably has a removable jet). You can decrease the idle air bleed size to richen the idle circuit but this is more of a trim than a significant change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts