Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone's feelings about the new Holley hp Ultra carbs. How do you feel they compare to say a Pro Systems carb?

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Everything you need is in it, all metering is tunable. I really like the whole package, but like any carb it needs to be tuned for your engine. What combo are you looking to put one on?

·
Boss
2,098 Posts
That series of carbs was designed to satisfy racer requests. Same quality that's expected of Holley, but with all the tunability of a custom carb. As said above, what's your combo, and what carb are you looking for?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
410 ci c4 5500 stall with brake
makes about 550 - 600 NA
28" 4.56 gear

we ran a 850 stock with choke tower still on only re jetted for air. No other modifications were made. Looking to go to a real carb if you know what I mean. We have always used Pro Systems in the past but are curious about these new HP Ultra's. I think a 1000cfm 4150 would work well.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
I'd run a Dominator, but if you have to stay with a 4150 you might look at the Ultra 950.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
1000cfm is way too big. i dont know what the venturi size on that new 950 is, but you dont need more than 1.425"

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Talking to Patrick at Pro systems he recommends a 1000 cfm for the motor and rpm. I was thinking going with him or a 950 Holley HP Ultra. Don't you think a dominator would be way to much. I would be afraid the motor wouldn't be able to use all the dominator.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
We just did a bunch of testing on a 358 with iron heads and a small roller cam. The engine made the most HP AND torque with a 1050 Dominator. Tuned right with the gear and converter you have it would run faster, and no reason the Ultra 850 or 950 won't work well either.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to know as an option to look into.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts