Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car runs crisp and clean except when you try to go to wot quick or even half throttle if you hit it quick it bogs. this is a pro systems 950.

checked the vacuum its pulling 11 in gear at idle and 14 in nuetral. carb has a 6.5 pv would going to a 5.5 fix this?

It definitely seems like its in the transition circuit. idles great and after the bog runs good at wot.

timing locked out at 36.
float set just under half way.
fuel pressure at 7.
rear does have jet extensions.
jets are 76 front/ 86 rear with the rear pv blocked.
squirters are 40/40 style w/o the tubes (not sure what difference they make).

any help or direction is appreciated. trying to get it close so I can get it to the dyno.

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
Put an 8.5 power valve in it, and set the idle mixture screws at 2 turns out.............. try it, the 8.5 pv will come in quicker since you have so much vacumm @ idle, a lower would make it worse.......And patrick likes to set his carbs up for 2 turns on the idle mixture screws....

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
I don't use bigger than a 35 on my gas 1250. Always depends on the engine, but I would try some 31's. What is it on?

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
I had this same bullshit happen with my 750 Quick Fuel. I ended up trying my buddy's AED 850 with big ass pump cams, 40 squirters, 74 & 80 jets, and it loved it!! This is on my 9.5:1, 5.3 liter with lightly ported stock heads, and a moderate cam, 230 duration. I fought mine for so long, because I never dreamed that damn 5.3 would like that much fuel, especially at this elevation!!

What is this 950 on, I personally need more info on your combo.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its on a 383 252/260 630" solid roller, cleaned up vic jr heads and super victor intake... I actually looked at it today and despite the build sheet saying 40's it actually has 35s I believe I have some 40s tube style and maybe even some 31s to throw on it for a try. it really seems like a lean stumble but I could be wrong! lol it also seems like it takes a long time for the secondaries to start opening but its been awhile since I sold my old carb so could just be remembering incorrectly.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
50cc... i just put a 40 squirter on the front only and made a huge difference.. still a small bog occasionally but minimal and not consistent.

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
50cc... i just put a 40 squirter on the front only and made a huge difference.. still a small bog occasionally but minimal and not consistent.
Has it ever backfired through the carb? Mine eventually started doing that, that's when I knew for sure it was too damn lean. Sounds to me like yours is starving for fuel also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts