Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I was working on the car this weekend I found fuel leaking out between the base of the carb & the main body. I yanked it off & found that it was loose :shock:

I took the carb off & there are lock washers on all of the screws, but they were loose NTL. Should there be loc-tite on these screws that go up through the base into the body?

Tanx Mucho
Bob

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, I yanked the carb off last night & found that all 6 of those screws were quite a bit loose, so I put some blue on it & tightened them all up.

I about had a heart attack when I saw the 2 holes in the middle did not have any screws in them. I have another DP there that does have them. I took a light & looked in the holes................ no threads. LOL. hopefully that helps out with my tuning issues.

thanks guys
Bob

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know that feeling you get deep down in your stomach when your about to hurl? thats the one I was having. ROFLOL. then I remembered that this is just a dump truck motor & I can goto the wrecker & pick up another one for $100 & a case of beer for Billy Bob. LOL

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.