Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How streetable is a carb and turbo.Im running nitrous now with a HP carb from carbshop.Runs perfect.
Im wanting to run a single 76mm with the carb.I drive it on weekends and to the track sometimes.Thanks for any imput

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I used to drive mine on the street all the time(sold the car). They are very streetable. See track numbers in sig. Ran 8.80's on 93 octane.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
With enough tinkering they can run just as well as efi. I've been in bt turbo cars you'd swear are fuel injected if you didn't open the hood.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I have wondered this as well as I am an old school gen 1 guy. I was thinking down the road going turbo but everyone says you should go to EFI as it is more forgiving. I have a friend that has a BBC with twins and is blow through and he has no problems. Runs mid 8's all day on e85.

·
Registered
24,882 Posts
Mine runs very well .

I'm switching to EFI and its actually kinda hard because of this , but there is just so much EFI can do .

If your starting from scratch EFI is the way to go .

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
I've never seen a post on here of someone going the other way and switching to a carb from EFI if that tells you anything. I was a carb guy most of my life but am now hopelessly addicted to turbos and EFI.

·
Registered
365 Posts
litng1 yep mine ran great too.im upgrading to efi to run alcohol got a nice set up for sale csu carb dual needle & seat made 1640HP on my 540 megnafuel regulater and pro hat all for $1500 just the carb was $1500

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I've never seen a post on here of someone going the other way and switching to a carb from EFI if that tells you anything.

(Now, you know this isn't true, especially in all the time you've been on here.) I'd definitely say the "majority" of those posts are folks switching TO fuel injection, but I've seen probably 10+ racers who got frustrated and went (back) to their blow-thru carb'.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
(Now, you know this isn't true, especially in all the time you've been on here.) I'd definitely say the "majority" of those posts are folks switching TO fuel injection, but I've seen probably 10+ racers who got frustrated and went (back) to their blow-thru carb'.
I was being serious, if there were guys that quit trying to make EFI work I don't remember them. My #1 rule in life is , you have to be smarter than what you are working on. The quitters should have got more help and not given up.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Ive been really happy with my C&S Blow thru.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Only problem im having is a heat soak. when I the car sits a few minutes after it was at temp, the carb is getting heat soak and getting vapor lock.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yes -- Pony Down headers. The fender gets a little warm but under hood temp normal

1 - 20 of 20 Posts