Yellow Bullet Forums banner

2881 - 2900 of 2951 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Ok, so why does the turtle seem to work in a BBC manifold and not in a SBC manifold? Enough plenum volume in the BBC manifold that whatever is lost by the addition of the turtle doesn't hurt? Our Brodix manifold with -12 heads did not like it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Sweet ER & Scott! Mines look very similar ER with my super vic ls3...not as great as yours but close from your tips. Just went to compare.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Not sure that it does work....
A friend with a 565 or 582 BBC with some spread port heads said it worked for him. Said it picked up on the dyno. First I have heard of it.

This. AFR's on this engine were all over the map with individual 02's. Granted, that can be a function of where the 02's are placed and other factors, but I think we have a pretty good handle on that.
So the turtle helps distribution and evened out the AFR's? You would now be the second. Hence why I asked if the turtle is more likely to work in a BBC manifold than a SBC manifold. Just picking your brain if I can.

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
A friend with a 565 or 582 BBC with some spread port heads said it worked for him. Said it picked up on the dyno. First I have heard of it.

So the turtle helps distribution and evened out the AFR's? You would now be the second. Hence why I asked if the turtle is more likely to work in a BBC manifold than a SBC manifold. Just picking your brain if I can.
No, I'm saying the opposite. This intake, with the turtle, had some of the worst afr's I've seen with a single plane. Not saying it's the turtle, just saying...
I'm going to do an SV2 for this engine. We'll see what that brings.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
No, I'm saying the opposite. This intake, with the turtle, had some of the worst afr's I've seen with a single plane. Not saying it's the turtle, just saying...
I'm going to do an SV2 for this engine. We'll see what that brings.
Gotcha. Thank you for explaining. Well then, I'm still not convinced of the turtle.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
The turtle takes away a place for fuel to puddle. Not sure all engines need it, but I think without it some will be hurt. I know some not so nice things happen with smooth epoxy on the floor....

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Talking about epoxy, what one would you recommend for a large area? I have one of the old Edelbrock "breadbox" tunnel rams I want to use on a project. More for aesthetics and looks than anything but it has a large depression with the runners sticking up from the floor. They were known to puddle fuel badly and become a bomb. Lol. Any preferences and recommendations? Thanks

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Talking about epoxy, what one would you recommend for a large area? I have one of the old Edelbrock "breadbox" tunnel rams I want to use on a project. More for aesthetics and looks than anything but it has a large depression with the runners sticking up from the floor. They were known to puddle fuel badly and become a bomb. Lol. Any preferences and recommendations? Thanks
Can you shorten the runners to meet the floor or weld up the depression?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Thought I would share some of my friends work he did for me on my Victor for my 505 pontiac, A before and some after pics, The Intake was between 3.25-3.45 SQ/in at runner entrance before, Now its 4.15 outer runners and 4.06 inner runners, Line of sight is also much improved now to the port!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thought I would share some of my friends work he did for me on my Victor for my 505 pontiac, A before and some after pics, The Intake was between 3.25-3.45 SQ/in at runner entrance before, Now its 4.15 outer runners and 4.06 inner runners, Line of sight is also much improved now to the port!

Looks great man. It works great too...

2881 - 2900 of 2951 Posts