Yellow Bullet Forums banner

2861 - 2880 of 2951 Posts

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
TPiS mini ram for personal project, with the way I roll..

Looks awesome Chad. So does the port not need a mirror smooth finish anymore and is a little bit of grinding marks not cause an issue? It's amazing how one mindset of thinking can be proven wrong or obsolete years later. Thanks for posting the pics

·
Registered
9,749 Posts
Looks awesome Chad. So does the port not need a mirror smooth finish anymore and is a little bit of grinding marks not cause an issue? It's amazing how one mindset of thinking can be proven wrong or obsolete years later. Thanks for posting the pics

It's interesting to me that he would do that to a FI intake, it must help air flow.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
This is one of my latest builds. Based off an APD billet body and billet float bowls, this one is a 2.25 throttle blade by 1.98 venturi and ran very well on my car. Bodies are available from 2" up to a 2.400" throttle blade.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
On the EFI stuff I have dyno'd, didn't make any difference either way. However, in this case, the heads are small and fast, so slowing the air isn't a bad thing.
So if the heads are limited in csa,in this case N/A it helps to do this to slow down the air speed? Does that in turn pick up some power?

·
Busy being a cunt
29,875 Posts
This is one of my latest builds. Based off an APD billet body and billet float bowls, this one is a 2.25 throttle blade by 1.98 venturi and ran very well on my car. Bodies are available from 2" up to a 2.400" throttle blade.

Looks very nice Mark :cool:

Are the inlets on the bowls HP style or the ancient 7/8ths style?

·
Registered
7,860 Posts
So if the heads are limited in csa,in this case N/A it helps to do this to slow down the air speed? Does that in turn pick up some power?
The key is if you think it's too fast or too slow to begin with. It just depends. More it flows, keeping the same CSA, the faster the velocity.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
The key is if you think it's too fast or too slow to begin with. It just depends. More it flows, keeping the same CSA, the faster the velocity.
Thanks Was just curious as my heads are pretty small csa wise, but they work well in my current 505 pontiac na combo and they started backing up around .750 on the bench but were great yet up til that point. I planned on going to bigger heads at some point once i see what i can squeeze outta these small D Ports!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

Looks Great Mark!! How many holes are in those boosters? Does APD just sell their main bodies, Or are they available thru you?

·
Busy being a cunt
29,875 Posts
I bolted a pair of these in place today, they are a nice looking piece :D

Be aware, if you have Wide E85 bowls you will need bowl screws 3 1/8" long as these bowls are deeper than standard bowls. I don't know how deep holes are on other Doms, I have a QFX.

Also, the -8 fuel fitting that screws into the bowl can't be larger than 1" in diameter. I have an Aeromotive fuel log and had to turn down the fitting to get it to fit(see pic below).

I would be nice to buy something and just bolt it in place :)

·
Busy being a cunt
29,875 Posts
I bolted a pair of these in place today, they are a nice looking piece :D

Be aware, if you have Wide E85 metering blocks you will need bowl screws 3 1/8" long as these bowls are deeper than standard bowls. I don't know how deep holes are on other Doms, I have a QFX.

Also, the -8 fuel fitting that screws into the bowl can't be larger than 1" in diameter. I have an Aeromotive fuel log and had to turn down the fitting to get it to fit(see pic below).

I would be nice to buy something and just bolt it in place :)

I emailed Aeromotive about fitment and help to resolve the issue, below is their reply.

If anyone knows of a stand-off that will work with Aeromotive's log and will work with APD's bowls that would be appreciated :cool:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Jim,

I’m afraid we don’t have a stand-off with ORB-08 thread that has a smaller diameter at the face of the port. This is the first I’ve seen where that would be required. I’ve no way to commission a custom part, but I will submit this to engineering so they can see what’s going on. Why APD would cut the bowl like that is another question, but hey, it is what it is!

Hope that helps, let us know if you need further assistance and thanks for choosing Aeromotive!

Aeromotive, Inc.

·
Busy being a cunt
29,875 Posts
2861 - 2880 of 2951 Posts