Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am currently using 2x 1250 holley 80532-1 carbs on sunoco 110,30* locked 7-al2,NGK -9 @ .025.The blower is a TBS 3 strips per lobe 8-71 at 6%OD connected to a TBS A/W intercooler,wp136 mez pump 3 gall cell for water[5gall total] behind the passenger seat.My cylinder heads are edelbrock Victor stock port size with bowl work and port cleaned up flowing 350 at .600 lift 2.19/1.80 valves 75cc chamber.The pistons are protrue wiseco w/hellfire rings at .030/.025 floating pin with Eagle H rods/2000 bolts,4340 crank 3.75 stroke in a Koleno performance block siamese cylinder at .400 thick after boreing,5 cross bolt billet main caps,Milodon ext single line swinging pickup hv pump.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My trans is a cope racing stage 6[no trans brake] with a PTC 9.5" pro mod 5500 with a blanket and factory console shifter,drive shaft is a ms 3.5" to a Dana 60 w 3.73 gear/spool,29.5x10.5 M/T S,3900#ss springs,rancho 9,000 shock,stock wheel wells,steel bumpers,4 wheel wilwood pro st disc brakes with a hyd hand brake and extra caliper on the back as an E brake.2 Kirkey seats,8pt cage,fiberglass hood,working doors/windows.I have been 6.45 108 1/8th at 3900# car/driver[scaled]I forgot the cr is 10/1 and I use FIRECORE 50 wires.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Real easy checking valve lash on the passenger side!
The valve lash is very stable with the shaft rockers so just a couple times a summer I check them.This is my first yr with the aluminum heads but is is going ok.I just worked thro some other issues with trans,carbs so next yr I will turn it up heading to 8.50's at an IHRA track just having fun on a retired garbage mans budget.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What a beast. That color combination looks great, too.
Thanks!I love the color and the paint is very old and I cant match it so it is slowly getting more cracks in it.I got it in 1988 that color.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I decided to make a zoomie but just turn each pipe out in a square pattern not side by side just behind the wheel.I have the 1 pipe going back just to see what it may look like and how to run it if the pipes were in line.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had to make my own headers going from a factory iron head to a raised,extended port aluminum head and from a 2" tube to a 2.5" to get away from the starter and torsion bar spring but the new obstacle was the steering column and brake MC on the driver side.I made a sliptube collector multi piece header for both sides that I can remove with only taking off the valve covers on each side.I had a mockup head so the new heads stayed on the car.

·
Registered
519 Posts
whats the pucker factor number on that bad boy!!! i've got the engine out of my '65 coronet that's in the avatar, but compared to yours and some of these hot chebbies and furds all i have is a taxi cab; besides i can't post pics here anyway,...lol.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
whats the pucker factor number on that bad boy!!! i've got the engine out of my '65 coronet that's in the avatar, but compared to yours and some of these hot chebbies and furds all i have is a taxi cab; besides i can't post pics here anyway,...lol.
Just start a post on your stuff and post pics as you can.Thank you for stopping in.My car goes very streight.I have been 138 1/4 but there is a better tune and a pulley change in the hear future to go High 8's.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts