Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in the past month or so I can't get it to stick like it used to. Doesn't matter which track I've been too.

Car is in my sig. Suspension is stock except CE 3 way shocks up front. Rebound is loose and compression is stiff. (been set that way for years) Out back is factory leafs with Caltracs set in the upper hole with QA1 double adjustables (rebound on about -8 clicks and compression +6) with Hoosier 28x10x15 slicks. This is a new motor this year. Went from a 347 making around 530Hp to this 427 which is 620+/-.

The first few outings with the new motor, the car would hook and bring the front end up about 2 feet or so and that was on a 28x9x15 MT ET drag. As time passed trying to get the motor dialed in traction went away. Thought the tires were the problem, so I stepped up to the 10". It helped some, but has not corrected the problem entirely.

I usually leave off the foot between 3500/4000. Tried just "flashing" it on Wednesday night, same thing.

Trying to give as much info as possible. I'm sure I've left something out.

Thanks for anyones help

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just put the 28x10's on last week

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Have you tried lowering the front of the Cal Trac to the lower hole? I know sometimes when a car has been hooking all the time to all of a sudden it goes away and it is unexplainable, it could be because of the lef springs. Have you tried tightening the shocks up a bit in the rear? How old are the springs in the back? Also, was the track compareable to the first couple outings?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea...the springs are about 10yrs old. I was just considering the monoleaf from Caltrac.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
the split mono's are nice and work really well. i messed around with the top and bottom holes on my caltracs and found it liked the bottom hole with about 1.5 turns of preload. hooks perfect every time on 28x10.5's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts