Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
In the shop with my Vette
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Silverado, and I want to upgrade the stereo in it. I'd like to get one of the 7 inch lcd display units. What is a good brand to go with? I don't want to have to get a new one every year. But, one that will last several years. It does not need to be top of the line, just a nice one. And what kind of speakers and boxes do you have for aftermarket subs? It's a base model work truck. So the sound system is minimal. I like my heavy metal, and want to be able to hear it with some crunch. But I'm not trying to break Windows or ear drums. Please post pictures of your head unit, and speaker boxes. Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a 2012 Silverado CC, Kenwood double din head unit, alpine type R components and sundown audio subs in a customs box, 2 amps. It's not a 2003 but if you want pics I can take some.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would go with anything from clarion for the headunit and for metal I would say you would only need 1 10" sub. I like JL audio speakers and amps. You should be able to find a premade box made for your truck, then look at the volume and match your sub to the box. Unless you want to build the box then you have to calculate the volume and make sure its big enough for whatever sub you want.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
go to crutchfield.com and put your vehicle info in. the site will let you know what fits and read the reviews for shopping purposes. have bought from them in the past and good service and prices with free install kits

·
Senor Frog
8,949 Posts
2003 is an easy one to work on
Kenwood is good stuff I had a few back in my car stereo days
but youll need an amp or 2 and some good front comps and a rear sub if you wanna
really kick some ass....skys the limit $$$

·
You did what??
2,963 Posts
Dont do the new Clarion stuff, we tried two on an install, alot of noise..replaced with a JVC, perfect.

Could do a 5 channel amp, do single ported sub and good components.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts