Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car was running 4.30 last year unloaded this year it goes in high gear and lays over.706 with powerglide On nitrous it blows intake apart, on motor its obvious it goes into high gear and sounds like you hooked a chain to it, so thought we had ignition problems I have changed, the box, coil and wire, battery, fuel pump, distributor and cap, plug wires, took carbs apart 3 times replaced floats needles seats, took converter apart and looked great! Dont know what else to try help needed!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Car was running 4.30 last year unloaded this year it goes in high gear and lays over.706 with powerglide On nitrous it blows intake apart, on motor its obvious it goes into high gear and sounds like you hooked a chain to it, so thought we had ignition problems I have changed, the box, coil and wire, battery, fuel pump, distributor and cap, plug wires, took carbs apart 3 times replaced floats needles seats, took converter apart and looked great! Dont know what else to try help needed!
What ignition box? Have you checked the settings to make sure it's not pulling or adding timing on the gear shift? Traction control possibly screwed up?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea its not pulling timing,it had a 7531 and took it out and put a 7535 just to see if it was the box,both boxes are brand new!

·
Registered
15,379 Posts
Really stupid basic stuff will sometime bite ya.

Fuel pump flow test both from the pump to the regs and from the regs to the carb. And of course make sure voltage to the ignition/pumps/etc is good all the way down track.

Maybe a loose wire somewhere so that ignition is marginal?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That was one of the 1st things we checked can not find a fuel problem....racepak is not showing anything with the fuel either!!??

·
Registered
20,007 Posts
The spark plugs will tell you everything.....it is a timing or fuel problem as you stated.... it blows the intake apart also.

Check the trans, make sure the band is not glazed or not releasing correctly going into high...Captian Obvious would say that's the problem typically, but not in your case as it wont run on NOS either.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Make sure vent tube on fuel cell is not stopped up. Dirtdobber or something could have stopped it up

·
Registered
112 Posts
It sounds like you have gone though a lot of things with this its a shitty deal.
I would say trans if the band is not releasing its like towing a trailer when you click high gear. Taking out timing for the NOS will make it worse. check line PSI first make sure its at least 250 or more if thats good adjust band 3 1/2 to 4 turns out and try that. Good luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes after we inherited this problem ran it on motor to see how it acted cause with nitrous back fires intake!

·
Registered
639 Posts
sounds like it is a fuel flow problem.. mine did that when I was emptying the bowls.. was going lean in top gear and lay over.. sounds like that's why your nitrous is backfiring to..
so maybe the fuel lines are coming apart inside blocking the flow?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts