Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went from running a 6.17 @111mph and the harmonic balancer came apart so i replaced the balancer and ran a 6.51 the car just seems lazy doesnt miss or act stupid just runs alot slower any ideas

·
Registered
11,121 Posts
Unless the balancer is 75 lbs the only thing i can think of is the timing marks are off. My ATI was off 8 degrees, i bent the pointer to fix it.

·
Registered
27,557 Posts
i went from running a 6.17 @111mph and the harmonic balancer came apart so i replaced the balancer and ran a 6.51 the car just seems lazy doesnt miss or act stupid just runs alot slower any ideas
It could have damaged your pick up. Replace that also. It will cause the car to be dead.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Could also be something else occuring coincidently, such as valve lash, etc.

:unsure:

·
Registered
16,437 Posts
No one has mentioned it directly yet so I will. Verify where TDC is on the new damper using the procedure that requires taking out the #1 plug.

Once you verify TDC, don't assume the settings you used before will be the best. Before a damper comes apart it's not uncommon for them to walk which changes the timing mark location relative to actual TDC. So the last few times you set your timing before the damper failed it may not have been accurate. So if your performance is still off after verifying the new damper's TDC and setting the timing, you might want to try advancing or retarding the timing from what you think is the optimum number to see if it moves in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
6.11 how hot was it out ? now the 6.51 same temp DA at track ? Reason i ask my car runs 6.16 in spring but right now in hot and sticky with da swing it slows up a good amount

Reactions: Freudian Slit

·
Registered
16,293 Posts
No one has mentioned it directly yet so I will. Verify where TDC is on the new damper using the procedure that requires taking out the #1 plug.

Once you verify TDC, don't assume the settings you used before will be the best. Before a damper comes apart it's not uncommon for them to walk which changes the timing mark location relative to actual TDC. So the last few times you set your timing before the damper failed it may not have been accurate. So if your performance is still off after verifying the new damper's TDC and setting the timing, you might want to try advancing or retarding the timing from what you think is the optimum number to see if it moves in the right direction.
This ^^^^^^^. You are starting from scratch again. I would be reading plugs before moving timing much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts