Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Ricart sold 38 cars yesterday and over 100 appointments scheduled.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I like the program but how can these people all of a sudden afford another payment/insurance? Looks like they're getting in debt without thinking of consequences again.

Im not saying all of them, but some are probably pushing there ability to make a payment to the max.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Banks aren't giving shit....unless you have a 700 credit score.

·
Registered
13,268 Posts
How is this any different from $5000 cash back, $5000 rebate, $5000 for any trade in, or any of the other deals. Is this just the latest way to get people to buy? Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I figured the Mopar shops would be doing well considering they double the $4500, so $9000 off a new car.

Good to see some showroom traffic for those employed there.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I figured the Mopar shops would be doing well considering they double the $4500, so $9000 off a new car.

Good to see some showroom traffic for those employed there.
Ya it was a little sketchy for a while!

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I like the program but how can these people all of a sudden afford another payment/insurance? Looks like they're getting in debt without thinking of consequences again.

Im not saying all of them, but some are probably pushing there ability to make a payment to the max.
I thought the same thing, but there are lots of folks out there who have just been sitting on the sidelines waiting for a good deal. Same thing with housing.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I guess the banks are giving loans easily ?
They sure are not helping small biz and many other loan areas
We financed a new '09 Ford Edge through Ford. No issues. Drove the car home the same day. If you have good credit (700+), then they'll loan you money all day long.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought the same thing, but there are lots of folks out there who have just been sitting on the sidelines waiting for a good deal. Same thing with housing.
Yep, car sales didnt fall 60% because 60% of people lost their jobs. There is MAJOR pent up demand for new vehicles and this program might just be the ticket to help things get rolling again. Gov't rebate or not (A LOT of cars aren't covered) but the deals are so good, if it even gets people in the stores you will see sales.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
My brother-in-law just bought a new Ranger for what amounted to half price. Traded in his barely running F-150 for $4500 and got another $4500 rebate plus $1500 discounts. The old F-150 was worth maybe $500 on its best day.

Almost makes me wish I wasn't upside down on my pickup.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
There is only 1 Billion dollars available to the 20,000 new car dealers in the country. The cash for clunkers program allows the consumer $3,500 or $4,500 for the car that qualifies.

That works out to $50,000 per dealership on the average, say the average clunker is worth $4,000 then that works out to 12.5 cars per dealership. Some dealers have sold way more than that!

When the money is gone the dealers will not get reimbursed from the government so those dealers will have to eat the loss.

Also the web site will not allow dealers to register yet, so when they do get registered I think the money will be all gone and you will hear horror stories about the losses some dealers are going to experience.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Yep, car sales didnt fall 60% because 60% of people lost their jobs. There is MAJOR pent up demand for new vehicles and this program might just be the ticket to help things get rolling again. Gov't rebate or not (A LOT of cars aren't covered) but the deals are so good, if it even gets people in the stores you will see sales.
Ya. The only bitch is that you have to buy a "qualified" car. So trading the ol' 1996 Monte Carlo for a new F-450 ain't gonna get you the $4,5000 :D

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya. The only bitch is that you have to buy a "qualified" car. So trading the ol' 1996 Monte Carlo for a new F-450 ain't gonna get you the $4,5000 :D
True, but you will never see better deals on F450's than right now (well, maybe last summer when gas prices were cranked..but still) Dont let $4500 scare you away. If you have the coin, now is the time to buy.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts