Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slow 2nd gen back half Camaro. Car started pulling left and I noticed when looking from the rear it is crabbing, it looks like a NASCAR coming down the front stretch from behind. It has leaf springs ,ladder bars and a floater. Its all old school stuff. I climbed under car at the track and nothing seems bent or loose and the bushings in the leaf springs look fine. At the end of last season I noticed the car pulling left during a warm up ride in the pits but I figured the front tire got caught in a seam in the asphalt.
On the same day it pulled left on the track but I thought I was just out of the groove. Putting the car on the lift at work sometime next week, anything I should be looking for? Thanks

·
Registered
16,259 Posts
Cracks in the frame that open up under stress? Bushings in the leaf springs all worn to shit?

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Possible broken leaf spring through center bolt.

·
Registered
16,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
somehow the rear end moved on the center bolt. The locator hole in the floater is bigger than the center bolt/pin on the spring. No idea how it moved everything was tight, bushings in leaf springs are good. The passenger side of rear end moved back. Car tracks good now.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dang...forgot about that problem! Glad you found it.
FYI - the spring pads on the rear can get pounded and the u-bolts then get loose. That causes the rear to move around. I would double check the spring pads

·
Registered
16,259 Posts
Is there anyway to make a bushing that could tighten up the hole size on the pad vs the bolt, so even if it were to slip, its got no place to move to?

·
Registered
16,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there anyway to make a bushing that could tighten up the hole size on the pad vs the bolt, so even if it were to slip, its got no place to move to?
That's a good idea, I am sure that could be done with some trial and error cause I do not think the center bolt is is in the center of the hole (apx 3/4inch hole) in the floater. yes it can be done and that would eliminate movement like you said. What I really do not understand is how would the right side of the rear end would shift in the first place with the ladder bars holding it .

·
Registered
16,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dang...forgot about that problem! Glad you found it.
FYI - the spring pads on the rear can get pounded and the u-bolts then get loose. That causes the rear to move around. I would double check the spring pads
I will do that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts